Backtest "Master Strategy"/complex exits in Multicharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by zoned_post_meridiem, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but my searches came up empty.

I've been playing around with the backtesting function in Multicharts. I use custom-built entry signals that port easily to the backtesting engine. But when I trade manually, I use the exit strategies built into the platform (https://www.multicharts.com/features/entry-and-exit-strategies/). Does anyone know of a way to port those into the backtesting system -- is there, for example, a way to access the script that drives a multi-level frontend exit strategy, or some other way to use these pre-made exits in backtesting?

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i am also interested if you can even get this to work manually let alone automated. i have just given up on multicharts myself for anything serious waiting on others to fight the fight and get the platform bugs worked out.

sad too because mc has a great looking program it just has so many flaws mainly centering around it's data center and the way it handles real time data has ALWAYS been flawed.