backer

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by trading_time, Aug 12, 2011.

1. a track record still doesn`t guarantee anything.you just need to convince a backer that the market will go up soon and even a monkey could make money.all you need to do is BUYING!you`ll just do it for him,for the certain %.

you just need to find somewhere outside the trading community.

#11     Aug 17, 2011
  2. Ash1972

Ash1972

Are you looking for a sugar daddy? Girls who want an older guy to support them usually ask for about $2000 per month :)

#12     Aug 17, 2011
  3. got a potential backer at 50k

They know nothing about trading though, when they go to open account and see risk statement by broker on how risky futures are, if they ask about this what is a proper response?

I already know that the risk is, I use bracket orders stop and target on every trade. The only chance of a negative account balance is if I am on a huge winning streak and upping the size and another 9/11 happens.

But what is another way of assurance to someone potentially risking their life's work?

TT

#13     Oct 12, 2011
  4. 2k for an account?
    I just spent $2k on a random airplane ticket.
    try to aim a little higher then poverty.

#14     Oct 12, 2011
  5. That is what I have started doing, please read my latest post just above yours...

#15     Oct 12, 2011
  6. I traded a 5k account live for 3to4 years and never blew out and never felt like I was risking unlimited losses because I took proper precautions. I know the futures markets, and I know what it takes to protect assets.

Protection first, profits later... =)

#16     Oct 12, 2011
  7. Call me stupid but I don't get it. Why would anyone back someone who took a 5k account down to 2500?

#17     Oct 12, 2011
  8. do you smoke weed? i think someone would be crazy to let you trade under there name. that's like giving someone your credit card. why do you think you will make money? this is what people are going to think when you ask them to back you. you better work on your salesmanship.

#18     Oct 12, 2011
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

This is how registered investment advisors work. You even get power of attorney. The backer is running some obvious fraud risk. The op will probably get sued of he doesnt set things up right.

#19     Oct 12, 2011
  10. registered investment advisors have positive records though. this is a person who loses money all 4 years.

#20     Oct 13, 2011