Backdoor taxes to hit middle class

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Tom B, Feb 2, 2010.

1. or middle-income retirees who depend on their 401k

#21     Feb 2, 2010
  2. sumfuka

sumfuka

What else is new, by now everybody who has a job can see the writing on the wall. Taxes are good, taxes are the equalizer between the common man and wall street fat cats, taxes help america, blah blah blah. Question is how much are taxes going to be raised....

#22     Feb 2, 2010
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Anybody that thinks that somehow the budget will be balanced and the debt repaid by taxing just the rich folks is delusional. Eventually it will be settled. And eventually all the people who do not get handouts from the feds are going to end up paying for it - one way or another. There are two camps, parasite and sucker. Pick yours.

#23     Feb 2, 2010
  4. Actually, one of those articles (the one on bloomberg) alluded to changes to (life?) insurance becoming taxable. All I could see was changes to the anti-terrorism insurance but THAT would be a big deal.

Did anyone catch anything on that?

#24     Feb 2, 2010
  5. Wasn't it bush who said all the macdonalds jobs were great and a sign of a new economy.

As much as I dislike Obama, putting another republican in power you might as well sell your kid into slavery.

republicans are the masters of hidden taxes. look what 30 years of these people gave us.

#25     Feb 2, 2010
  6. Years ago I predicted our tax rates will eventually go to 100%. For everyone.
    I still believe it.

#26     Feb 2, 2010