Back to Trading...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Apr 17, 2002.

1. I don't think you are projecting a .17 loss at the end of this month,which is what your web page seems to say. Why don't you check your web page and update it.

#21     Apr 20, 2002
  2. I know a few who have tried, but it really makes little difference, since the "getting in" is pretty easy, it's the "getting out" that takes some training and practice.

I show my results to our traders, and a 6 month "real time - real results" worksheet is better than testing (IMO).

I do know that Stocks and Commodities did a long back test a couple of years ago (even though the article showed good profits, they did not use proper FV and beta considerations). You might check their back issues.

Don

#22     Apr 22, 2002
  3. thanks don.i was hoping to weed out stocks with a backtest keeping the ones that consistantly work.

#23     Apr 22, 2002
  4. shneed

shneed

Don,
    I've been reading your posts with great interest. I have a question regarding NYSE open order book. Do you think it's benefit, or a just a way to fool traders? Do you use it?

Thanks,
    shneed

#24     Apr 22, 2002
  5. Several of my traders have already had it turned off. I will be testing it for a while, and will give a report in a week or so.

Don

#25     Apr 22, 2002
  6. shneed

shneed

Don,
    Are they your better traders?

Thanks,
    shneed

#26     Apr 22, 2002
  7. shneed

shneed

Don,
    One more question, very often I see CAES and TRIM either on the offer or the bid for NYSE stocks. I was told by my broker that they are some kind of market makers, and that the orders cannot be routed directly to them. Is this the case, and can the orders be routed to them at Bright?

Thanks,
    shneed

#27     Apr 22, 2002
  8. These particular two are good, long time traders.

Regarding the MM's, I just tried to direct to TRIM, and the bid simply faded. I'm sure we can use Selecnet to route to these guys, but I doubt if they will honor their markets (to give us an edge, anyway).

don

#28     Apr 22, 2002
  9. shneed

shneed

Don,
    What do you mean "use Selectnet", I am talking about NYSE?

shneed

#29     Apr 22, 2002
  10. LelandC

LelandC

I think that CAES and TRIM are part of the NASD quote on NYSE stocks. You should be able to hit these bids and offers using something like ARCA if you so wish...

Leland

#30     Apr 22, 2002