Back to Trading...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Don Bright, Apr 17, 2002.

1. OK all....let's get back to some trading ideas that can work for everyone. I'll start again, and I hope to have those who are doing well chip in with their thoughts. We've had enough "battles" here...let's have some fun and make some money!!

1. We start with our OO orders, keep the envelopes tight these days (no more than .9 or so).

2. Post Opening sector strategies. Read the "money in" sector right after the opening, look for stocks in the group not yet opened....place bids higher than previous close.

3. Rules have changed for MOC orders, read the imbalances, trade right at the close.

4. Intraday automated enveloping, looking for trade throughs (this takes a bit of effort, but is well worth it.

OK....this should get things started...let's hear from those who are making money!! Let's get the board in a positive mood for a while.....

:)

2. Eugene

Eugene

OK I'll bite, what's the "money in" section and were do you read it? or is it as simple as setting up your watch list by sector and place orders accordingly by laggards(?)
    Thanks

3. don,

for those of us who do not trade with a prop firm, will you explain your strategy in more detail. for instance, what are you refering to as oo, envelope, automated enveloping, et al. OR direct us to an previously posted explanation.

surf:cool:

4. Sure: Check the "Opening Only" strategies on the board ( for oo). Envelope refers to the buy and sell prices we place below and above current pricing. The auto enveloping is done via spreadsheets on excel via the Redi platform. Do a search about enveloping....

BTW, I am glad to offer any help to those who want it...and really find some satisfaction doing so....it beats the heck out of hassling with everybody about different business models or trading styles.

Keep the questions coming, and let's all make some money!!

:) :)

5. shneed

shneed

Don,
    I get Dow Jones News, is there something specific that I can or have to subscribe to, to see order imbalances in the morning and the evening, or do I have to just sit and wait for the news to scroll until I see some kind of a report for a particular stock?

Thanks
    shneed

6. thanks for the info.

7. You should be able to filter using the word "imbalance" - that is what some of our people do. Call your DJ rep if that doesn't work.

8. I set up a sector index group, with the actual index number at the top. I then put the top half dozen or so of the index components below it, watch for greeen and red (up and down)...go from there. Works pretty well, and it's pretty simple to follow.

9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

I am an adept of scale in / scale out.
    Do others prefer to go in full throttle ?
    depends on your style I guess.

10. We tend to teach traders to take the whole "bite" at one time, both in and out. I sometimes will "scale out' - but rarely scale in. If I'm not sure about the setup, then I just wait for a better one. If I'm wrong, I'm out...and I wait for another setup.

#10     Apr 18, 2002