Back to the golden Age.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sameeh55, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Oh wow, great. Thanks for coffee guys. And thanks for the zero you claim you invented. it kinda helps mathematically describe the number of inventions and contributions to the world you've made after you invented it :) Keep up the good work boys (I know girls are not involved in any real work in your world), maybe in the next millennium or two you'll come up with another valuable contribution to the human civilization. Hopefully it's not going to be a yet another greatly improved way to kill the infidels/innocent.

#11     Jul 15, 2010
  2. Please speak in specifics.

Jews were in the middle east long before the US had even been discovered so that's not really an excuse.

There are no jews in pakistan, afghanistan, yugoslavia, sudan, nigeria, somalia, indonesia, India, turkey, yemen and the list goes on and on.

If there were no jews in the middle east do you honestly believe there would be peace in the world?

the arabs and muslims believe the US believes that your blood is cheap. Well my friend, nobody and I mean nobody kills more muslims than other muslims and surely you cannot blame that on jews.

Honestly, no clear thinking person can possibly think that and I do believe you are a clear thinking person.

The palestinian problem is one thing but how do you explain the other 90% of violence in the world perpetrated by muslims in every other part of the world?

Where were you two weeks ago when Iran was shelling the kurds in Iraq? They never had UN approval to attack a soveirgn nation did they? No complaints, no protests not a peep.

Dont' forget, it was the muslims that started the yugoslavian war not the serbs.

the problem is the muslims start shit and get their asses handed to them in every conflict and then blame everyone else instead of trying to find another solution and spend the next 50 years crying how they have been wronged.

Your problems, aside from Palestine, are of your own making, not the US's problem so accept responsiblity, stop your bitching and get your shit together.

#12     Jul 15, 2010
    #13     Jul 16, 2010
  4. What is this obsession you have with downplaying other people's achievements while parading Jewish ones? Belonging to the Jewish community is not in itself an achievement. Have you, personally, contributed anything to this world? Not a rhetorical question, I'm seriously wondering.

#14     Jul 16, 2010
  5. LOL, this is not downplaying, this thread called 'Back to the golden Age' is touting muslim achievements the last of which took place about a millennium ago. The more appropriate title of this thread would be 'Still in the 7th century'.

There is no reason to downplay muslim achievements, there aren't any. The muslim quarter of the world's population (250 out of every 1000 people) has produced a whopping 6 Nobel prize winners. The jewish 0.2% of the world's population (2 out of every 1000 people) has produced 165 Nobel prize winners. Come again, what exactly am I downplaying?
    http://www.jewishmag.com/99mag/nobel/nobel.htm

#15     Jul 16, 2010
  6. Your constant bitching and moaning about the holocaust and antisemitism is ridiculous, you would've been an antisemite if you happened to be born on the other side. Your mindset is completely screwed up, you're utterly incapable of seeing people as anything but part of a collective ethnic (or religious) entity. You're hateful, you're miserable, old and you have nothing to live for but your sense of belonging to what you see as the supreme race. If you were a German during the 1940's, you probably would have rooted for extermination of the Jews.

With that being said..

Though I found the whole presentation in the video utterly horrendous, the achievements they try to present are an often neglected, yet important part of the history of science.

We've already discussed the Nobel prizes. They were established a 115 years ago. This thread is about an exhibition that focus on the time period between the 7th century to the 17th century. Nobel prizes aren't relevant.

The exhibition is not part of a pissing contest, and it's not about showing how great the Muslims or Arabs of today are. The point of the exhibition is merely to highlight a significant part of the history of science, as well as to educate people who think Muslims has always been culturally backwards. There's tons of exhibitions and museums dedicated to Jewish achievements throughout Europe and the USA. You will probably survive this one. Stay strong.

#16     Jul 16, 2010
  7. Great post destroyer, in other words we can basically agree that Muslims/Arabs are now culturally and scientifically backward (this is what the highlighted statement in your quote clearly implies), that while they made certain contribution to the world centuries ago they have had no positive achievements in the last 1000 years or so and the title of the thread 'Back to the golden Age' is hardly appropriate, 'Stuck in the 7th century and proud of inventing zero and coffee a millennium ago' reflects the essence of this thread and the status of the Islamic world much more accurately.

#17     Jul 16, 2010
  8. I will wait a little to put you on my ignore list... you are so stupid. How could the idea of zero being stolen ? Isn't english your mother language ? And using the word "taken" wasn't better ?

Or do you really think that knowledge can be stolen ? Because you are stealing in writting leecher...^^

#18     Jul 17, 2010
  9. don't get me wrong, the arabs have gotten a shit deal no question about that however, the arabs, middle easterners muslims whatever you want to call them do absolutely nothing to improve their own situation.

You blame your problems on everyone else and never accept any responsibility for anything. blame blame blame blame.

You migrate to other countries and expect for people to assimilate to muslim culture not vice versa. The world is supposed to cater to your needs like children who need to be coddled.

They are slaves to their religion and the world has simply passed you by and you are mad about it and instead of doing something you blame everyone else.

and you know what? At some point in time NEARLY EVERY people, country group, culture whatever has been slaughtered or colonized or enslaved. The problem is that those in the middle east cannot get past it and move forward.

Until there is some kind of reformation of islam or somebody willing to stand up and take responsibility things will only get worse.

Why is it that where violence occurs on a grand scale on a daily basis there are muslims at the forefront?

#19     Jul 17, 2010
  10. There are lots of museums dedicated to Jewish achievments???

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c...CBYQBSgA&q=museum+jewish+achievements&spell=1

I couldn't find a single one. I guess they are secret museums? Can you link me to one of these Jewish achievement museums?

#20     Jul 17, 2010