Back to the Classics

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Feb 8, 2013.

1. contra

contra

Are these positions thought out in advance? How long do you usually hold it them for?

#11     Feb 13, 2013
  2. hours, days, weeks. avg hold is 8 days. Usually all the money is made on just one pair in just a few minutes or hours.. It's rare for them to all move against for more than 3 days, but it happens. When it goes the other way, I get out early. I start them all off the same size, but very quickly some positions get larger. If all you do is avg down, most of the time your biggest loser will also be your largest position. So it takes some management to not let that happen.

everytime I drift away and get more directional I have gotten burned. Like one time I got long short eur thinking it can't move down against everything, yet it did. And then all my positions are big losers with no help in site until I get stopped out or it turns. Too dangerous to average down on just one currency.

#12     Feb 13, 2013
  3. contra

contra

I don't know. Like these positions you have now the swap is against you the whole time if holding for awhile. It would seem that if I was to do that I would want to do the opposite of what you have on now.

I would never average down at all no matter what strategy. Can't see it working out in the long run, and that's when I can't get any sleep.

Getting direction right isn't the hard part for me, unless the pair is in a range with no direction.

#13     Feb 13, 2013
  4. Trading with stops aggravating? You may find out that trading without stops is even more so. Be careful.

#14     Feb 13, 2013