Back to the Basics

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Brandonf, May 18, 2003.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't think I have ever made a secret of the fact that I'm here to market my service. If I did not get clients from ET I would probably never post because Im honestly quiet tired of a lot of it, but I do get a good number of people here and it pays well. I've never made a secret of that. In case it has not been clear enough to you in the past here goes again: IM HERE TO GET MEMBERS.
    I always love people who come on an anonymous board and post shit about someone, its especially cool to see when the given shit slinger has not clue as to what the hell they are talking about.

Nite,
    Brandon

#21     May 19, 2003
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It doesnt, but if it does then have to go to plan B(heavy narcotics, LOL) .

Brandon

#22     May 19, 2003
  3. jem

jem

Brandon it is the second time I read about your situation, this time though I found it applicable to my current desire to trade my new plan properly. So even though you are trying to run a business, you are also providing insights to the community--- which is all community like this should demand of a writer or vendor. If you want to profit give something usefull back. And in my opinion you do give away good stuff.

#23     May 19, 2003
  4. There are are so many posters in here that give so much.......I can't subscribe to all their services/methods.......not enough time. Each one of these Elite traders have helped me with their posts and I appreciate it.

Brandon the street
    HarryTrader
    Nitro
    Hershey
    Old trader
    H2O
    Kymarfye
    Spreadm
    girl
    metoxx
    marketsurfer
    wd gann
    traderpete
    and the others that I do not remember just now

Michael B.

#24     May 19, 2003
  5. Babak

Babak

Great stuff Brandon :)

ps Have you tried hypnotherapy?

#25     May 19, 2003
  6. peterxxx

peterxxx

Just a quick note to counter some of the trivial negative posts aimed at Brandon F. What a waste of our (Elite members) limited time, as we are seeking better ideas and insights to improve.

I have followed Elite's threads for quite a while now and I believe his posts have been among the top 10% most educational , practical, and genuinely meant to help people get better results. No puffery or claims of potential great wealth if you do this or that, just basic building blocks, that hopefully a few will use to build a trading business from.

Anyway, as a recent (quiet)member of TFMS .com , I can tell everyone here that taking advantage of Brandon's experience and feel for the markets will save you a great deal of the learning curve, (read-lost money tuition).

Good luck,
    Peter

#26     May 19, 2003
  7. Isn't it a fact that 9 out of 10 migraine sufferers are of the
    female type? Perhaps it has something to do with female
    hormones. I believe that males have both male and female
    hormones and women have both female and male hormones.
    My wife had been taking DepoProvera to prevent what would
    be our 3rd kid. She had hardly any migraine attacks during this
    time. She has stopped the shots a few months ago and is
    starting to get the headaches again. Maybe all you need Brandon
    is a good ol' shot of Depo Provera. At least you wouldn't get pregnant... :D

#27     May 19, 2003
  8. For those who want to follow this thread, good for them. I agree with several who think it is nothing more than an advertisement. Moreover, it seems it is written in somewhat of a "pompous" tone, looking down on the new trader.

Anyway, my suggestion is use the ignore feature. To each his own...

#28     May 19, 2003

9. No offense to "GreenDog", but.....

"Hello, my name is Brandon and I run a website called Trading from Main Street. I'm unable to make a living via trading "

This is simply not true. I have watched Brandon trade - it appeared that he is quite capable of making a living at it.

"On my site we'll explore complex principles such as "support" and "resistance."

I observed on Brandon's website that "principles of "support" and "resistance" were indeed explored and usually quite profitably.

As a bonus, you'll explore the mysterious world of indicators like the often maligned "Stochastics" and maybe even throw in some bonus material on "Bollinger Bands" for the first 10 people to join out elite internet community!

I never heard "bollinger bands" or "stochastics" mentioned. However, Brandon did share a strategy using *keltner bands* once when he gave a free class to ET members (regarding trading the mini dow futures) several months ago. I have since used that strategy many times to pick up profits from trading the nq.

From my free trial experience with TFMS, I deemed that Brandon and Toni were running a good legitimate trading room. I chose the beginning of the war time to check them out and I also observed that they gave several days free to paying subscribers. The reason being that during the onset of the war, the market was very news driven and risk was deemed to be unusally high.

I had been a member of another monthly subscription trading room back in Oct - Dec 2001 and although I learned some things there, I just didn't find chatrooms to be my style. I will not give praise or criticism about that room, but I'd imagine that they did not give any free days during the onset of the war.

The fact that TFMS did, in my opinion, speaks volumes about their character. Sure, they make money training traders. That's why they are in business. That's why they get up each day and run the room and work with traders. They should make money, they work for it. They also provide a good service for it. In addition, their monthly subscription is considerably less than many other rooms and from what I saw their room is better than the one that I subscribed to for 3 months in 2001.

They spend a lot of time doing research for stock plays during the evening hours. They spend time with education and they explain their trades and trading criteria in detail.

I am not currently a paying subscriber at TFMS. I have my reasons. My reasons have nothing to do with TFMS.

There is a high probablity that I will become a member there in the not so distant future. As my trading account grows, I am thinking of doing some swing trading in stocks in addition to trading the nq - daytrading. Toni and Brandon also run a service called *TFMS Synergy* which is used for swing trading stocks on more of a weeks/months type of timeframe.

I personally am not a big fan of trading/chatrooms. While I really do enjoy the fellowship and education of new ideas that comes with good chatrooms, I prefer to trade alone.

I must say that during the freetrial at Brandon's chatroom, I learned a pretty fair amount. To date, via his posting on this website and via his freetrials and free classes, Brandon has given me quite a bit. I have also received a daily market commentary email from them for quite some time, which has been and continues to be educational.

He has also helped to keep this website free for me to enjoy - by being a paying sponsor (along with the "bigfellow from the desert"). In return, I have given him nothing. (Not one red cent)

While I think that I can see what you are saying to some degree "Call a spade a spade!!"

I do not think that this man deserves this flaming. On page one *kgharris* asked Brandon, "Is this a legitimate thread, or an advertisement for your site?"

Brandon's reply: "Totally illegit."

I for one don't give a damn how Brandon chooses to start/continue/or finish his threads. Be it advertisement or not.
    It just doesn't bother me.

I read Brandon's posts and continue to seek the gifts. I find gifts in many of his posts, as well as in many other people's posts. He is not perfect, he is fallible, just like me. He's better than ok in my book. He does in fact teach good solid trading principles and seeks to avoid high risk. He has given me a lot and has contributed quite a bit to this website.

Respectfully,

Plumlazy

#29     May 19, 2003
  10. Tetsu0

Tetsu0

As a prospective trader (still work fulltime & still reading) and a new member to ET your contributions have been very generous. I read just about every post of everyday trying to absorb as much of it as I can, but posts like this are the ones that will remain with me for long term. This thread particularly, due to the fact my mother has chronic migraines, which can get (typically 10-12 times a year) so severe that they induce seizures. Once again, thank you for the information which you provide.

Thanks,

Sean.

#30     May 19, 2003