back to prop???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by shortinterest, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Johno

Johno

Short, if you go back you're certainly choosing the hard road at this time. I've heard that many in the U.S. are doing it tough at the moment, makes for hard choices, but certainly wish you the best. From experience, always remember to put the family first!

Best Regards

Johno

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. I left trading because I wasnt making 200k/yr, but did have a couple yrs where I made close to that, so I think thats what kept me in (and the upside potential)... I actually left trading for 2 years and worked for a large BD (that basically no longer exists (saw that one coming)) as an FA bc it was a good salary and i had just gotten ma..ied (same old story....). That game just wasnt for me, but needless to say I took the salary and made the best of it for about close to 2 yrs. I than walked away from that salary to go back to trading, at that time I had the stress of the w..e breathing down my neck, and it just wasnt working out (kind of the i told you so scenario). so I started trading wreckless and I basically felt that there was no hope and took another bs job. I realized that trading without a big cushion or supplemental income was very hard, even though i did it successfully for 6 years, but it was without anyone depending on me or any obligations. Once i thought about trading with a mortgage pmt I kind of freaked out (tg didnt take out the mortgage (saw that one coming also)). Anyway now that I am single and have little obligations i was thinking about getting in and i wanted to see if anyone could provide realistic feedback (which some people did and thank you very much to those people)..... breath, breath....... sheeeeeees i have to write a bio i guess to get an answer (i actually used to see similar posts to mine when i was trading, and I never resonded so thx again to all of you who responded/respond.

#12     Jun 24, 2009