Back-testing software package??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SuperVolatility, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Thanks for reply. You can easily spot reading my messages that English is just my 6th language and you can assume that I am not in USA nor UK, Australia, etc.
    Paypal funding is that important for me (btw, I believe for thousands in same situation - and Etrade knows this and IB is not listening) that I can not have broker that does not accept paypal funding. Everything else is less important. I feel your irony but or you believe that I am idiot or you can trust me that I have valid reason for it.
    If I am not in USA I can have different problems than you so other priority. Btw, Etrade works better than might you think now - may be it improved, there are minor problems but where are not? Feed I can buy elsewhere.
    Anyway thank you very much for your help.

#11     Oct 8, 2007
  2. Installed NeoTicker....interface so confusing???

Where do I keep a list stock quotes?

so disorganized....
    not sure about it for now.

#12     Oct 9, 2007
  3. Bob111

Bob111

imo -it's impossible to recommend something, without knowing at least some details of your strategy.
    What instrument you trade? How often? What time frame? overall complexity of the system.etc..

answers you got -they just reflect your question
    :)

#13     Oct 9, 2007
  4. I trade stocks only for day trading, all positions closed at the end of the business.

#14     Oct 9, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

so do i. i open multiple positions (long and short) in stocks from NYSE and NASDAQ at same time, within certain time frame, when certain conditions are meet. then, if average PnL of whole portfolio reach certain % i dump whole thing or reverse all positions on entire portfolio. or just close it with one click EOD.now-you tell me-what software, that been mentioned here,in previous posts, is capable to do all above? or backtest this? :D :D :D

#15     Oct 9, 2007
  6. Bob111 - I don't think I understood you...so you do use NetTicker?

#16     Oct 10, 2007

7. OpenQuant can :cool:

#17     Oct 10, 2007
  8. I commend your grasp of your 6th language. I am only tri-lingual. I'm not sure how mono-linguals get by :]. For the record, I still have an eTurd account strictly for trading large blocks of penny stocks at only $6.99. Other than than they not geared for pro traders IMO. Just out of curiousity, can't you just wire funds to the broker of your choice?

#18     Oct 10, 2007
  9. NT is a blank slate. You have make it what you want. Start with a few of the pre built group to get a feel for set ups, lay outs and some of the advanced things NT can do. Makes sure you download the PDF manual. There are in depth docs on every pre built demo group with how to customize details. Stick with it for a while. Nothing good comes too easy.

#19     Oct 10, 2007
  10. That's not hard to program. I run several 30+ symbol autotraders with 20+ filter conditions that are way more complex than that.

#20     Oct 10, 2007