Back On The Horse Pt 1> The Case For NYMX-

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Mar 12, 2007.

1. One way to get back on the horse after some setbacks is to revisit some names that showed great promise before the correction hit. One was a biotech NYMX.

*Nymox Reports Completion of New Long-term Study of NX-1207 for BPH
    Monday March 5, 1:31 pm ET

HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 28, 2007--Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (NASDAQ: NYMX - News) announced today completion of a new long-term follow-up study of NX-1207 for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). 114 subjects (representing 80% of eligible subjects) consented to participate in the blinded, placebo controlled study undertaken at clinical trial sites across the U.S. Individuals in the study were blindly assessed for symptomatic improvement, treatment outcomes, and durability of efficacy. Patients in the study were assessed 8 months to 19 months after NX-1207 or placebo treatment. The Company expects to complete statistical analysis of the data in the next 1-2 weeks and will be reporting the results once they are completed.

Paul Averback, CEO of Nymox, said, "We now have a large body of clinical data on treatment outcomes after up to 19 months on a significant cohort from a blinded, placebo controlled trial. We are optimistic about the outcome of this study."

NX-1207 has successfully completed three U.S. trials to date. The company's most recently reported trial, a Phase 2 double-blind, placebo controlled, randomized study, showed positive efficacy and safety results for NX-1207 after 3 months in patients with BPH. Overall, patients treated with NX-1207 showed after 3 months a mean improvement of 9.35 points in AUA Symptom Score values, the standard scale used to evaluate BPH drugs and treatments. This improvement compares favorably to the 3.5 to 5 point reported in published studies of currently approved drugs for BPH and reached statistical significance when compared to placebo. Subjects treated with NX-1207 also showed an overall significant reduction in mean prostate volume. The results of the trial demonstrated the excellent safety and side effect profile of NX-1207. Subjects treated with NX-1207 had no serious side effects. In particular, patients given NX-1207 had no (0%) significant sexual side effects.

>> BPH is am serious condition- to treat it with ZERO sexual side effects is a holy grail of sorts. This new trial info comes out in 1 to 2 weeks. The company has already mentioned in a VERY public way that numerous suitors are looking into the compound. So if this last trial goes off without a hitch and replicates the prior data... by by baby.

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corp. (NYMX :

NYMX's NX-1207 drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia has attracted "serious expressions of interest" from a number of major pharmaceutical companies who want to license the drug. "Based on the term sheets we have received, we are optimistic about a favorable deal for our NX-1207 product," said Paul Averback, chief executive of Nymox, in a statement.

2. Ok Stoney made his land grab here only 1500 @ $6.30.

I'm nervous because I went over to Yahoo land and just don't do that folks if you like a stock. The blazing misinform and scare tactics over there can mess up your thinking. Just knowing that some of these idiots are aware of the stock much less investing in it is enough for me to scale back my expectations. The study is OUT TODAY and AS I SAID it's fine.

NOW Mr. Bigmouth CEO who has publicly stated numerous Pharma was interested and I surmised
    a deal could come just after this final release..
    Well it's giddiapp or get off the horse time. Stoney is riding side saddle right behind you mister and that's not a place you want an angry 220 pound investor!