back from the dead

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let's say you get to $4000. Then what????? You still don't have a prayer.

#41     Jul 23, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

LOL Oh my gawd LOL. Truer words have never been spoken.

Gordon, put it all on LU. Go and get a job for a year. When you come back, you _might_ have $15k or $0. If you have the former, the trading Gods gave you another chance...

Actually, if you can trade with a little luck and keep your bad days to a minimum trading NQ, you can probably turn $2k into $15k in NQ in a year.

Still, unless you live at home, how do you pay the rent?

nitro

#42     Jul 23, 2003
  3. Go for it gordon - like you said - you are young and single. Make your play.

Set a daily loss limit for now = very small - and stick to it. So that you don't find yourself right back at 2k in one bad day of trading.

Use discipline on your daily loss limit like your life depends on it. (of course it doesn't but your trading account does)

Remember that you don't have to trade every day and that you can stop trading at any time and the market will be there tomorrow.

Be willing to wait for thhe most clearly defined trends that you can find to ride and pass up the chop.

Always in may be great for some but for you right now with a tiny account balance, just wait for a good move and try to catch part of it.

Best Regards,

Plumlazy

PS. Do yourself a favor and stop discussing your account balance on public message boards. When you get to 4k or back to 2k, just keep it quiet or discuss it with another trusted trader friend/s or mentor, whatever. Do not post it on ET. Use some discipline in this area.

Do not wear your emotions on your shirt sleeve for all to see. Share them with trusted people who actually give a rip.

Just a thought!

#43     Jul 23, 2003
  4. ptt

ptt

GG, post your plan with specifics, leave out your exact setup, if you think you'd be giving away some edge.

You do have a plan?

#44     Jul 23, 2003
  5. DeepC

DeepC

GG. If your going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance!!

Good luck.

#45     Jul 23, 2003
  6. Having said that, I'll close the thread and reopen it when you PM me and tell me too. Good luck GG.

#46     Jul 23, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.