back from the dead

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGregg

TGregg

I'd just like to point out that over 30% in 5 days is about 5.5% per day (compounded daily). Starting at 2k and trading at that rate (not counting taxes) produces a tidy account size of $1,527,222,391.91 after 254 days of full time trading. Of course, that assumes one can scale up to some serious size, which probably isn't true. But a billion and a half. Nice.

#31     Jul 22, 2003
  2. ok, i'm gonna stop replying to every post.

i'll post in this thread again when $4,000 (or $2,000) is hit.

#32     Jul 22, 2003
  3. balda

balda

hey Gordon Ego

You need to work on your ego,you are always in need of someone to pet you either you are doing good or bad.

trading is 90% emotions.
    best of luck to you, do not give up working on yourself and you'll make it.

#33     Jul 22, 2003
  4. Yes Balda,

One of the most destructive factors I have encountered is grandiosity running unchecked after a couple of good/lucky trades.

#34     Jul 22, 2003

5. "You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place." - Gordon Gekko, Wall Street

Your signature quote line seems rather ironic now doesn't it?? Imagine, THE Gordon_Gekko worried if he can make $2000 ??
    Shit, I thought all along that you were some super trader by the way you spewed knowledge with your 2000 something posts on this website. (actually i saw right through it- lol) While you were busy writing stupid replies to horseshit waste of time threads you should have been applying your time more prudently towards DEVELOPING A STRATEGY NUMNUTTS !! damn- you trade on pure impulse, nothing mechanical or proven and you wonder why you get your ass handed to you daily. The market has become more competitive, margins are slimmer, you have to pick only the cherry trades- my daily volume is about 1/8 what it was 10 months ago and there is money to be made daily. My best advice is to go out, suck it up and get a real job, save money and study the markets without the pressure of such a slim buffer to oblivion. -$2000- Take that money, cash out and live off of it until you find a job where you can support yourself and save to return to trading. Admit that you're a bitch and cant hack it- honestly the decks stacked against you at this point.
    Or, keep trading, airplane it with some HUGE position that you spend at least a few days studying, have a hedge you can use if the position starts to bleed you and go out like a big swinging dick. So, you know what I'd do? Say fuck it, work hard studying and researching, trading 100 lots until I got my game back, then when I was confident, go after a good trade with size and put my balls on the line one last time. Best of luck and seriously, man, I feel bad for you- how could you spend so much time talking to a lot of pikers here and not getting a game plan together? What a sad use of time and capital.

Blue Horseshoe loves NUTZ ! Put your best clients on it Gekko.

#35     Jul 22, 2003
  6. taodr

taodr

Gordo. Forget the smart ass replies that you need 25,000+. Even if you had 500,000 YOU HAVE TO KEEP LOSSES SMALL. , then you can make it. This is what we all know but most cannot do.

#36     Jul 22, 2003
  7. trader99

trader99

2000 * (1.055)^254 = $1,611,219,623.46

not bad...

:D

#37     Jul 22, 2003
  8. its possible the partner fleecer has a point here...... what ya think ryan?

gordon, 2000+ posts and it comes to this for attention one last time, ......... well I got news for you.....YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER ON ET tell your little boyfried fruity pebble, to get a life and stop pining for attention, grow up and trade instead of being a dick

#38     Jul 23, 2003
  9. bwahaha only a true loser/dick would reply the way you just did! you pathetic losers just can't hide how miserable you really are!

think about it, why does a person who is happy with himself need to speak so negatively towards others?! it's always the pieces of sh!t that go around putting others down. you put down others to make yourself feel good! and why don't you feel good? because you know you're a fvcking loser!

FRuiTY

#39     Jul 23, 2003
  10. cvds16

cvds16

It can be done, the question is can you do it? You still seem very emotional about your trading; not exactly a good predictor for the future.

#40     Jul 23, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.