back from the dead

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have something to confess.

i never closed my account as i said i was going to in my "closing my trading account today" thread.

for those that don't know, it had dropped below $2,000 at IB, so i couldn't place a trade. when i knew i had one trade left and it was a loser, I WAS PISSED and started that thread. so for those that want to complain that i didn't close it, i was just emotional at the time i wrote that. i decided to wait a few days and then decide if i should close it. for the record, even if i did close it, my plan was to 100% open another one when i had some more money. i am never going to quit trading, so don't bother replying to this telling me to quit!

well, i sold something and last week i got my account back above $2,000. once again, i knew i had to nail my next trade. WELL THIS TIME I DID IT! lol and i nailed a few more after that, too. :cool:

i have made over 10 trades in the last 5 trading days and my account is up over 30%. lol yes, i know i'm being very risky, but i'm gonna go for it. it's not like i have a wife and 3 kids.

my next post in this thread will be when i'm either over $4,000 or back under $2,000. PLACE YOUR BETS! :D the biggest upset victory in ET history is about to take place.

p.s. i'm putting the phrase, "dead man walking" here now, before some smartass decides to use it.

2. Gordon, you have a full-time day job.

3. whats your sense on the overall market here?
    what did you do well in the last 5 days?

4. Pabst

Pabst

Rooting for you.

5. gordon,

sometimes when you are down, there is no other choice except--------

GO FOR IT ! i wish you the best !

i think you are going to do well.

surfer

6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Gordon.....sometimes you have to reach the absolute bottom to
    finally make it to the top.
    The darkest day is before the dawn and all that horseshit.
    Wish you the best.:) :)

7. "Depend upon it, sir, when a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully."

from Boswell's Life of Johnson

8. I bet under 2k in less than a month unless you input more capital.

9. For christs sakes Gordon,

Get your lazy ass up, put your lame pride to rest and GET A JOB... just to pay the bills... You can work after trading hours with no problem - so your only excuse is your 'pride' and laziness...

Secondly, STOP LOSING REAL MONEY TO THE MARKET, Gekko face it -- you don't know how to make money in the markets!

The ironic part about your situation is that you a reluctant to get a job and stop playing with real money because it will make you a 'loser' when in fact that is exactly what a winner would do man.

You wanna stop being such an applehead? Start by admitting to yourself that you are one and then go get a fuckin job man; the bums lost the war Gekko...

Commisso

10. Betting huge like this will statistically blow you out
    due to random noise.

You will need pure luck along with skill to pull this off.

If you can get far enough above water, cut your size back
    as soon as you can.

Good luck...

peace

axeman

#10     Jul 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.