Back after several years...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Steve Tvardek, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hey Mav! Really good to hear from you.

I'm actually very open to other opportunities related to financial mkts. I'm not only looking for trading positions (which I know are very very few and far between), but am open to other areas of financial services. I think I have pretty good interpersonal skills and would like to leverage that combined with my experiences as a trader somehow. Maybe in client development, investor relations, or financial product sales? I'm not too sure all the avenues that are available but have been doing some research.

Others have suggested going to quant route but I can tell you that this is not my strong suit. I'm much better with people than with complex math. :)

Thanks for the options you outlined below. I'll take a deeper look. I hadn't even considered teaching!

-Steve

#51     Feb 16, 2013
  2. what do you do? what is your profession exactly?

#52     Feb 16, 2013
  3. Hedge fund marketer/journalist/ speculator/ venture capital.

#53     Feb 16, 2013
  4. oh neat, where can we find your articles?

#54     Feb 16, 2013
  5. koolaid

koolaid

]

surf's a known troll on ET. Don't mind him. If you click on his posts, you'll see his other works of "genius."

#55     Feb 16, 2013
  6. Trend follower eh?:D

Trading isn't a job. Its an adventure!

#56     Feb 16, 2013
  7. EON Kid

EON Kid

Hi Steve, I followed your posts back then, and like so many that stood out on ET, in my mind I just extrapolated your success over the years. But its never a straight path is it.

I have no advice other than what Jim Rogers says and that is to study agriculture. He makes the point about so many studying for MBA's.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5RrIhdNnBdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The advantage of what your wife does is that your voice doesn't age, and remember you are a trader, stop looking for security! [​IMG]

#57     Feb 17, 2013
  8. Mostly on the back of cereal boxes and inside bazooka bubble gum wrappers. You know, real erudite material.

#58     Feb 17, 2013
  9. Wow, this site went from a new format last time I logged in back to the old format. I kinda enjoyed some of the new features but oh well.

Just bumping this thread since its been a week or so. Thanks for taking a look.

#59     Feb 26, 2013
  10. What is an RIA ?

#60     Feb 27, 2013