Back after several years...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Steve Tvardek, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Just bumping this thread in the hopes that someone new will read my opening post. Thanks.

-Steve

#21     Feb 11, 2013
  2. what was it about listed stocks that became not tradable with your style once the market became fragmented??

#22     Feb 11, 2013
  3. emg

emg

desperate eh. i wonder why

#23     Feb 11, 2013

4. Hey steve,

i remember when you made your move from the equity side to the futures side. I hope all works out for you! Myself, i have been trading more futures in the past 5 years than before.

Traderpro

#24     Feb 11, 2013
  5. dude, just because you failed does not mean this guy cannot make it....again.

#25     Feb 11, 2013
  6. Initially, it was very hard to gauge risk/reward while the NYSE stocks were getting used to a fully electronic structure. Ironically, I'm confident now that I'd be able to trade listed stocks again (albeit differently than before and with less frequency) but I promised my wife that I would get something steady now and maybe do some trading on the side. Also my series 7 expired so even if I wanted to put up some capital at a firm, I'd have to take that again or the new test (can't recall which number it is).

#26     Feb 11, 2013
  7. Get a gig in equity prop while you get your MFE. You're not suited for an execution-gig and you'd have to start out at the bottom. Nobody is going to want to hire a 30yo MBA with no sales/trading background for an entry-level position. They know you'll leave as soon as something better appears, or that they won't be able to promise that you'll be promotable.

The MBA is operational. If you want to make any money you'll need to sell yourself to corps.

The legit props like Quad won't take you and HFs won't know what to do with you.

#27     Feb 11, 2013
  8. well, looks like you're in a good place. an mba for safety and security and the ability to get back to trading whenever you see fit.

good luck!

#28     Feb 11, 2013
  9. MQF would serve the same purpose. MBA = Powerpoint Proficient.

surf

http://www.business.rutgers.edu/mqf

#29     Feb 11, 2013
  10. That's not accurate. To be honest, power point has played a fairly small role in business school so far.

#30     Feb 11, 2013