Back after several years...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Steve Tvardek, Feb 2, 2013.

1. >turns 5k into 200k in a year
    >goes back to school

sure

#11     Feb 4, 2013
  2. It may sound fishy but I have the documents to show my market related earnings. I worked at Hold Brothers in Jersey City back then. I left equities right after these good years because of major structural and technological changes occurring at the NYSE. Other traders will know what I'm talking about.

#12     Feb 4, 2013
  3. lescor

lescor

I remember Steve and his posts, he was legit. You can tell the real traders from the flakes pretty easily.

Why not just get back into trading if that's what you really love? Sure, things have changed. But the guys who were good 5 years ago are still good and still making coin.

#13     Feb 5, 2013
  4. I hear there's alot of work in South Dakota if you don't mind getting dirty.

:cool:

#14     Feb 5, 2013
  5. deucy28

deucy28

and don't mind getting roughed up, too !

Some years ago I had some years there and warned about that, and advised best not to go to the bars where all the pickup trucks were.

So I said, ok, just direct me to where I can find some girls.

I was told.......where the pickup trucks are.

#15     Feb 5, 2013
  6. emg

emg

when u were making so called "close to six figures" did u establish networking with other 6 figures? if so,, why not have a chat with them. u have the MBA skilled to negotiate and create a plan

#16     Feb 5, 2013
  7. Why don't you just trade your own account from home if you are skilled enough to trade for a living mate?

#17     Feb 5, 2013
  8. tell your wife to get her ass out there and do it then.

#18     Feb 5, 2013
  9. No offense but the finance academics I know say an MBA means you know how to use PowerPoint but little other useful info.

#19     Feb 5, 2013
  10. Hey Lescor, very good to hear from you. I do really love trading and maybe I will get back into it fulltime at some point but for now I'm thinking of getting a steady job lined up while, on the side, continuing to pursue creating an algo (which I've been working on for 4 years now). I also think about the future and getting older and how difficult it may be to compete at a high level in front of the screens. Plus my wife is a voice over actress who does well, but that industry is also unstable so the idea of one of us having a steady stream of income is appealing.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you are still doing well and that others you know are as well. Most of the guys I know have moved on but my passion for the markets is still the same and I'm hoping to get this algo off the ground in the next couple years. We'll see :)

#20     Feb 8, 2013