Back after several years...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Steve Tvardek, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Yes, I could tell I hit an awkward moment in the interview so I brought up my ET postings and I could feel an immediate attitude change :)

#121     Jan 29, 2014
    spanish89 likes this.
  2. cookding

cookding

Last time I brought that up, they call the security.

#122     Jan 29, 2014
  3. very funny. lol.

#123     Jan 29, 2014
  4. Occam

Occam

Congratulations on the position, and thanks for the update. I followed your thread last year and was wondering what you ended up doing. It's nice to know that former traders are valued in many positions -- and in my experience as a client of institutional brokerages, former trading experience seems to really help in institutional client services of all types (e.g., ex-traders really understand the client's perspective). That said, going right into a director-level position at a bulge bracket firm seems like an unusually good jump. Nice work; all the best to you in your new career path.

#124     Jan 30, 2014
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

congrats on making the right call.

#125     May 9, 2015

6. Hi Occam-

Truth be told, "Director" level at MS Ops is more akin to an AVP/VP role but regardless I'm responsible for managing a client service team from a team lead perspective (and I also cover large clients as well). "Executive Director" is more likely what most thought of when the read this post originally, perhaps. But regardless, at the time when I landed the role, I was given an opportunity despite my "cowboy" background and will always be very thankful for that.

#126     Mar 10, 2016
    Occam likes this.