Bachmann's Campaign Co Chair Quits, Endorses Ron Paul!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 28, 2011.

1. This made me smile :) (and I'm not afraid to emote it)

------------------
    Presidential candidate Michele Bachmann’s Iowa campaign chairman Kent Sorenson tonight endorsed Ron Paul, one of her rivals in the Iowa caucus race.

“I believe we’re at a turning point in this campaign,” Sorenson said during his surprise announcement this evening at a Ron Paul rally in Des Moines. “… I thought it was my duty to come to his aid, just like he came to my aid during my Senate race, which was a very nasty race.”

The state senator from Indianola was greeted with a round of applause from the roughly 500 people gathered at the Iowa fairgrounds for the event.

Many rose to their feet and hoisted Paul campaign signs above their heads when Sorenson added: “We’re going to take Ron Paul all the way to the White House.”

Sorenson told The Register he had been thinking about supporting Paul for a couple of days, but that he didn’t make the decision to switch campaigns until this evening.

Sorenson said he drove to Paul’s 7 p.m. event, called a Paul staffer and asked: “Do you guys want me on board?”

“(The staffer) walked out to the parking lot and then I walked in with him,” Sorenson said.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.c...n-leaves-bachmann-campaign-endorses-ron-paul/

Ron Paul 2012...restore America now!

2. achilles28

achilles28

haha nice. Bachmann is rather clownish.

She's all for the Constitution....except!

Total war, no 1st amendment, pro-foreign aid, not sure she knows a thing about the economy.

Sarah Palin 2.0

3. I think Mr. Bachman was planning on singing:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UqSlPQkz9Sw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even Ann Coulter picked up on this.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Ya, that's the other "odd" thing about Bachmann. The husband is a total flamer.

5. How long before he "jumps ship" elsewhere with the next fluctuation in the poll results? :confused: :eek: :p

6. Where you see fluctuation...

[​IMG]

I see steady growth.

7. achilles28

achilles28

That gives me a lot of hope.

And that gives me a lot of pause.

The elite can draw a trendline, so unless the newsletters stick, they've got one more election cycle to "wrap things up". Otherwise, it's Paul in '16. Given the country will be in a hardcore depression then, underscoring everything Paul has railed about for the past 30-odd years...

8. The ideas have definitely taken root. Truth be told we are in for a lot of pain regardless but what I've personally born witness to, coupled with the trends I see from "reputable" polling establishments, gives me hope for our future. I hope for change, change America can believe in.

9. Did that guy get "bullish" on Paul just as he may be peaking in the high-20's? Is Paul's trend continuing to grow or ending? The "next fluctuation" is down. I have mixed feelings about being "right" on that. :) :(

10. achilles28

achilles28

I totally agree. Worst-case scenario, and I always think worst-case (it's the trader in me, I guess), America has some real fight left in her. SO. We'll see what happens. God Bless.

#10     Dec 29, 2011