Bachmann: Ask God To Assemble and Anoint My Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 10, 2011.

#21     May 12, 2011

2. 50 years believing and then you just change your mind because of something you read on "the internet". Do you see how this sounds? It sounds like you never had any critical thinking skills. But I'm not here to insult you, but give you some interesting SCIENTIFIC information about the human brain...

During the age of 50, the brain shrinks slightly,losing about 30 grams (a little more than an ounce) since the neurons starts dying out and they can't be replaced because 'Brain Cells' lack in centrosome.This results in the decrease in the surface area and in the number of brain cells causing gradual mental degradation!

So given this new peice of evidence, what do you think is most likely....that you were wrong during the first 50 years of your life when your brain was working optimally, or you are wrong now during the end of your life when your brain is degrading with age?

Christ will forgive you for your blasphemies. Dont screw up the end of your life and your eternity just because some 15 year old atheist said some clever quote on his website that deceived you.

#22     May 12, 2011
  3. Definitely. I began to get free of organized religion after I read this book: Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds.

Very nice piece of work. I do think there is a component of us that we have not fully explored, but a person in a pulpit will not get you any closer after a certain point.

The book also explains boom bust cycles too.

#23     May 12, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ouch that's gonna leave a mark. :)

#24     May 12, 2011
  5. stu

stu

It's confirmed then ...... no God is a no brainer.

#25     May 12, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're the guy claiming a genius IQ, why don't you tell us poor dumb bastards. :)

#26     May 12, 2011
  7. no it doesnt work that way. its a process that takes years. first you have questions but religious delusion contains a feature called Cognitive dissonance. that allows you to rationalize your questions. you might come to realize that noahs ark was impossible but you convince yourself that even if it were jesus still loves you. it is not an easy thing to give up something that was indoctrinated into you since birth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

by the way. if you look 3 posts back you will see someone who still believe noahs ark was real.

#27     May 12, 2011
  8. do you understand the concept of evidence? i realize its different for you but i value intellectual honesty. i cant "believe" just because i feel the need. the evidence led me away from christianity so it would take real evidence to bring me back. some bible thumper warning me about some mythical place called hell will not do it. i am now immune to emotional pandering by fast talking preachers and by reading the rantings of stoneage sheepherders. what do you think the chances are that will happen since its been 2000 years already?

#28     May 12, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I believe 2000 years ago was technically considered the iron age.

(and stone age is actually two words)

#29     May 12, 2011
  10. Never claimed a genius IQ, according to testers, I am merely in the 98th percentile.

Poor dumb bastards remain that way because there is a ceiling to the level of comprehension they can attain no matter how it is explained.

#30     May 12, 2011