Bachmann: Ask God To Assemble and Anoint My Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 10, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you are a complete jackass, tinkerbell. anyone who understands Christianity knows that she was not being literal. she does not believe God will literally come down and present her with people for her campaign.

2. oh, i understand christianity after spending 50 years as one. she is one of those bible thumpers that believes some god has planned out our lives and is in control of everything we do. she believes if she has a problem she can pray and a god will give her direction.
    here is an example of this kind of thinking:

"Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16] "
    A Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you're right. Christians do believe that God is in control of every aspect of their lives - except choice.

but your original post made it appear as though she believes God will send her, personally, a campaign manager.

in reality, she is merely asking for His guidance in finding one. And she is asking like-minded Christians to pray for it.

i understand you hate religion and consider it folly. you have made that clear in, oh, 1000 or so threads on this site. but the majority of americans believe in religion. by far.

so that leaves you pretty much out in the cold.

4. its not much of a problem when people like her believe that god is in control of her life for something like "will it rain tomorrow". do we really want some one as president who who has to rely on an imaginary deity for support? dont we need rational thinkers for matters of war and peace?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

...or maybe a guy with a Nobel peace prize. Doh! that's not working out so well.

6. I would be more troubled by having naive, idealistic dreamers running things. People who imagine that they are the ones the world has been waiting for, because they are so brilliant, so wise, so progressive, so much better than everyone else in every measure. Those are the people who make dumb decisions, not committed Christians. One thing Christians know is that mankind is flawed.

Most of the leaders of our country since its inception were committed Christians who had no shame in asking for God's direction. Modern day liberals are not shy to lecture us that Christian morality requires whatever they are in favor of at the moment, typcially higher taxes and bigger government.

7. do christian apologists ever think? george bush claimed he asked for gods direction all the time. how did that work out for the us?

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

yes, blame Christianity for george bush. at the same time, ignore all the other great presidents who believed in God.

for someone who claims to "think" and has "thinker" in his screen name, you do surprisingly little of it.

9. speaking of freethinking. i started this thread with you in mind. maybe you will see your thinking roadblocks when you read it:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=220334

#10     May 10, 2011