Bachman as Swiss citizen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 9, 2012.

1. I understand that you think there is some huge disconnect here, but I don't see it. It's not like she is emigrating. Her husband is swiss apparently, and her kids wanted to be dual citizens. So it's not like she looked all over the world and decdied to pick Switzerland.

And what if she had? Switzerland is a great place. It's hardly some liberal nirvana. It's probably one of the most conservative places on earth. They can afford socialized medicine. They don't have the vast underclass we support nor do they spend a lot on defense.

I may have missed it, but I don't recall Bachmann attcking anyone on their patriotism. Several other congressmen have dual citizenship, and no one bats an eye. With her, it is somehow like she was exposed as an al qaeada agent. It's absurd.

#51     May 11, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Yeah, you may have:

http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=michelle_bachmann_1

http://www.newser.com/story/40457/bachmann-backlash-a-bonanza-for-dems.html

It's the go-to play for empty suits, just like people who claim god is on their side. (He did tell her to run, after all, right?)

You'll note that Obama never questioned his political opponents' patriotism or American "realness," and he never referred to god in a manner to suggest a preferential association with the Big Guy.

#52     May 11, 2012
  3. This is a typical liberal dodge. Criticize their policies and they immediately say you are criticizing their patriotism. I don't think she is saying obama or anyone else colluded with foreign enemies, you know the way democrats did during reagan's administration, but she said their views are bad for America.

Anyway, there is a huge gap between being friends and mentored by admitted terrorists like the Ayers and getting dual Swiss citizenship. Obviously, you are unwilling to see that.

#53     May 11, 2012