Bachman as Swiss citizen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 9, 2012.

1. #31     May 9, 2012
  2. The article says her husband is Swiss, so it seems legitimate. Why do you think it is wrong, who is harmed by it?

For example - if her mother or husband was Irish and she took up dual US/Irish citizenship, would you be objecting to that also?

#32     May 9, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pelosi IS a cunt and bitch though.

#33     May 9, 2012
  4. pspr

pspr

Pelosi? That stupid, cock sucking, mother f*cking, filthy, lying, stupid, moron, stuck up, ancient, botox faced, hairless, leather skinned, slut. Her?

I've never called Pelosi a name she didn't deserve.

#34     May 9, 2012
  5. Yes! It's wrong because this broad goes around questioning the loyalty of everyone that doesn't agree with her, and then pulls this stunt. She's posing as the "All American Girl", red, white and blue, through and through. Why do this? I mean, I know why. There's some benefit to doing so, but that ain't the point. She rags on government employees, but she's a government employee. She rags on pension plans, but had a nice government plan of her own. Rags on government benefits, but takes full advantage of the ones she has. Rags on people lining up for that free government money, but has taken plenty in the past for her own personal gain. This is just one more thing that makes her a f'n hypocrite.

#35     May 9, 2012
  6. What's the big deal here? My wife is Australian. She can have both US and Australian citizenship and, as her husband, so can I.

That's the law. It should be applied equally to everyone. Why should it apply less to Bachman than anyone else?

#36     May 9, 2012
  7. The final comment. Let's just say she didn't have this option. And let's imagine that Barney the sword swallower Frank has the option and decides he wants to opt for duel citizenship. You know, I know, everybody knows that Bachmann would be one of the first questioning his loyalty to America. So would every other Tea Party loon. That is fact and you know it. That double standard, hypocricsy in full bloom, is what makes it wrong.

#37     May 10, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

I believe you've captured the essence of the matter. And if you look further, I think you'll find more examples of hypocrisy in that party. As with cockroaches or ants, there is never just the one. The Right has developed a form of jutting hypocrisy so lacking in perspective that it qualifies as naive art.

http://www.answers.com/topic/naive-art

#38     May 10, 2012
  9. JamesL

JamesL

Could you post a link where Bachmann (with 2 n's) takes Dems Carl Levin or Joe Lieberman to task for having this dual citizenship that you rant should disqualifer her for office? You create a hypothetical situation with Barney Frank, but here are 2 examples of long term DEMS that actually have dual citizenship and she hasn't called out. I see the media as well like to jump on the Swissy thing, like Madcow the other night, but where is your (and her) rage at Levin or Lieberman?

#39     May 10, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

I bet you never met an apple and orange you didn't like. Levin and Lieberman have dual citizenship with Israel. Can a Republican say anything remotely critical of anything remotely Israeli without getting a haircut? Further, how long have these two men had their dual citizenship? Meanwhile, True Partiot and Real American Michele Bachmann's dual citizenship is fresh -- March fresh. Exit strategy, anyone?

"...so she picked up dual citizenship for her and her children from a 'liberal European country' -- probably because of Switzerland's universal health care system and generous, anti-freedom welfare state."

http://www.examiner.com/article/should-swiss-citizen-michele-bachmann-resign-from-the-house

Really, click on the link, it gets better:

"The irony goes beyond her repeatedly and proudly proclaiming her American patriotism --especially during her presidential primary campaign. Firmly opposed to gay marriage, she may not know that Switzerland recognizes same-sex partnerships. In a 2005 referendum, same-sex couples were granted the same rights as married couples in next of kin status, insurance, taxation, and shared possession of dwelling. In fact, it was the first nation to pass such a law by referendum," notes the Washington Post.

Further, assisted suicide has been legal in Switzerland since the 1940s, and if Bachmann does decide to live in Switzerland, the fierce opponent of ObamaCare will discover that all Swiss citizens are required to purchase basic health insurance. That's called a government mandate."

You missed my naive art reference in my previous post, didn't you?

#40     May 10, 2012