BAC 2 dollars, JPM 21 bucks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Just subtract loan loss reserves from equity, and derive what's called tangible book value. Book value is still in the high $10's.

#11     Oct 28, 2009
  2. Except loan losses will continue to grow.

Tangible book value is going to get eroded over time just like an options contract.

Anyone going long on these ticker symbols is asking for trouble. My price targets will stay because I see further erosion as time passes. More and more foreclosures and more folks who are capable of paying but not willing to service loans on homes that are worth half what they paid.

You can put lipstick on a pig but you still have a pig.

#12     Oct 28, 2009
  3. ehh.... I can see bearish sentiment but $2 is a little unrealistic for Bank of America.

#13     Oct 28, 2009
  4. put your money where your mouth is

#14     Oct 29, 2009
  5. Whatever. B of A lost all of their investment on Merrill Lynch. They are working on eliminating those "toxic, overleveraged" assets from the balance sheet that they inherited from Merrill, and I don't find them anywhere but in the footnotes. It seems they are a lot smaller than they were from the beginning of this year.

#15     Oct 29, 2009
  6. Why no one is talking AIG?

#16     Oct 29, 2009
  7. BAC chart is similar to C, found key support at $15. It dropped more than 20%. I see the huge drop as part of the media playing political stuff because of TARP.

I see BAC has potential to go higher from here. I try very hard to close my ears when people are extremely negative on CNBC, FOX business. It's not easy buy when they basicly tell you you sell everything and dig a whole and hide is when we buy.

I purcahsed BAC twice yesterday, at $15.13 and $14.88 AH, purchased C at about $4. Woow, it was a good thing.

Another stock that I REALLY like is CREE. It's one of the BEST stocks. I will open another thread for this one.

#17     Oct 29, 2009
  8. Hell yeah it's hard to buy when things are depressed but that's what makes us EliteTraders damn it! :cool:

#18     Oct 29, 2009
  9. BAC Tanking 7% I'm taking up some call options on this sucker. It's pierced the bottom deviation on the Bollinger Bands. A true sign of being oversold.

#19     Oct 30, 2009
  10. whoo, I was right 25% profit on my calls

#20     Nov 2, 2009