Bac -18.39% Jpm -10.23% C -8.88%

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Aaron Copland, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Nah I don't papertrade

#11     Jan 20, 2009
  2. Bfft . Financial have a tiny weighing on the dow and spooz.C could go to zero and dow fall .3%.

#12     Jan 20, 2009
  3. Illum

Illum

Financials are sucking the life out of the market, regardless of their weighting.

#13     Jan 20, 2009
  4. It can't continue that way forever. Companies like google wall mart, mc donalds, rimm, apple drive the economy. No citi or bank of america.

#14     Jan 20, 2009
  5. things are looking real ugly for financials....geez

#15     Jan 20, 2009
  6. dave74

dave74

Barclays is down a staggering 42% today.

#16     Jan 20, 2009
  7. All that tax payer money WASTED!

#17     Jan 20, 2009
  8. Daal

Daal

XLF plunged 15%, KBE(banks etf) plunged 18%. Unreal, market seem to be pricing in nationalization risk

#18     Jan 20, 2009
  9. Wow. Anyone bother looking at GS today? Golden snacks got snacked. Down 19%!

#19     Jan 20, 2009
  10. The days of reckoning are upon us...honestly though, what were you expecting....the banks collectively are bankrupt and my gut turns when I think that they still pay ANY dividend with MY money.

Turn out all the senior executives (liars) and employ individuals that will now be prepared to work for a reasonable salary.

This BS has to stop....Sometime ago I indicated that the government would essentially be the bank of choice...not that I like it , but we have to accept the fact that these banks really screwed everybody over and we have to eat it.

It will have a material affect on any economic upturn,however that should not be reasonably expected to happen for a couple of years at least.

First things first...get the financial structure revamped, in other words ...get all the shit written off once and for all, then reregulate, not increase regulation, and hope to Christ we don't have any calamities...we may then be going in the right direction.

#20     Jan 20, 2009