Babyboomers jumping ship! to foreign countries.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Very ignorant and myopic. If everyone thought like you 200-300 years ago, there would be no USA. Everyone would just be sitting in dear old Europe enjoying their cup of tea. Even so called third world countries have great places to live in, and the USA has its fair share of pretty shitty areas.
    There are different things to experience, different cultures to explore and in this era, vast financial/business opportunities to be taken advantage of in the rest of the world.
    Hey man if your idea of enjoying life is simply munching popcorn and watching the Kardashians or whatever the shit is on cable, go for it.

#21     Nov 23, 2011
  2. hey dumb ass. its not that complicated. if you recieve your retirement income in dollars and the dollar tanks what happens to your cost of living in a foreign country?

#22     Nov 23, 2011
  3. While living in a foreign country, at least we would have the chance to earn money in appreciating currency.

But living in the US, you would not have that chance

#23     Nov 23, 2011
  4. we are talking about retirees. their working days are over. besides,most of these places dont have work for the people that already live there.

#24     Nov 23, 2011
  5. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/38YwdDORmm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25     Nov 23, 2011
  6. i say good riddance to them. these are people with marginal finances. our society doesn't need them.

if you have the money and means, the US offers a superior standard of living compared to those sh*tholes. the people with money will stay, the poor people will leave. i don't see a problem with this

#26     Nov 23, 2011
  7. Bob111

Bob111

i love that song. :)
    and his daughter :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosanna_Davison

#27     Nov 23, 2011
  8. You are talking out of your ass.

A middle class American can live like a king in many parts of the world. Driver, Servants, Cooks and influence on very modest sums of money.

A senior living on social security can not make ends meet here but can live comfortably abroad. Medical services are often less than copays here... Prescription drugs are pennys on the dollar.

New business opportunities and growth are abroad in these emerging economies. China, India, Brazil... just follow the fortune 1000 money trail. Why would you open a manufacturing plant in the US when you can do it in mexico for a fraction of the cost. Why would anyone ever want to repatriate foreign income and pay us taxes? Keep it abroad, invest it and spend it.

Many Americans have a better chance moving to haiti and starting over than digging out of their massive hole of debt here.

Students get free college abroad in many countries versus $100k of non dis chargeable debt in the US.

US offers superior standard of living and influence for the 1% making $1m. 25% are in hopeless situations living on govt hand outs.

#28     Nov 23, 2011
  9. Retirees my ass.

The couple in OP's link had plenty of working years ahead of them. It's not like they were physically worn-out construction workers. They were whining office workers who felt they were entitled to the 90's dream of early retirement.

Yes, I actually read the whole article.

#29     Nov 23, 2011
  10. morganist

morganist Guest

Even those who took retirement in the 90's could lose everything if the fund they invested in folds. Could happen.

#30     Nov 23, 2011