Baby steps

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Hawkeye Ron, Oct 1, 2002.

1. inandlong, 3 months!! In my dreams. My 3 year span is really for time to raise capital-saving,investing, asking for money here and there.

Ditch--Yes risk adversity high due the fact that I dont know jack yet about what it really takes.

Profitseer--thx for the positive feedback and your other scheem.

TSaimoto--yes I need an edge because I dont know much about trading. I'm with you there. But what about a psychological edge?? Thx so much for those websites.

I was pleased to see so many responses that had views on each end of the spectrum. Any other good ideas for raising capital?? I didnt sell the techs short the last two years!!!

Guys I really enjoyed Dr Tharps books and I signed up for his updates on trading, although with every update there is always, you know, buy this buy that--$$$$$. On the other hand, I would love to attend some kind of seminar that he and others put on, but not $3000 for a weekend.

Thx again for all your insight---powerfull stuff!!!:)

#11     Oct 1, 2002
  2. thx for the websites, inandlong

#12     Oct 1, 2002
  3. sherif24

sherif24

If you fiind that you can have the same kind of detachment when there's real $$ on the line as you did in papertrading, that's probably a good sign.

If you find that you turn into an incompetent, however, don't beat yourself up. Put emphasis not on the fact that you're stumbling, but on how you will fix the screw ups. That is edge.

Unlike what someone said above, I think you are trading yourself. You're fighting your own bad habits and skewed perception.

As far as TA skills, I think they can be especially useful to those with discipline problems b/c there's kind of an inherent discipline built into TA. Well, it can't hurt to pick some up...Good luck to you.

#13     Oct 1, 2002