Baby Bush: The Worst President in History?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I would say Obama is a melanoma.

#11     Sep 12, 2009
  2. LOL! Good one! :D

#12     Sep 12, 2009
  3. Bush was an excellent president and history will treat him much better then Obama who will go down as an incompetent racist liar.

#13     Sep 12, 2009
  4. #14     Sep 12, 2009
  5. I'm pretty conservative about spending but as someone who traded in the T-Bond pit during 3/4's of Reagan's Presidency, let's face it: deficits really don't matter.

What was the yield on 30 year paper when Reagan took office? What was the yield when he left? Bond prices have never even tested 80% of the "Reagan Range" in the two decades since. Not to mention where was unemployment early in Reagan's term, where were tax rates, where was the Dow, where was consumer sentiment? All measures of America dramatically improved.

As a % of GDP U.S. deficits don't COME CLOSE to those in Japan. Do you see any panic there? JGB's are yielding a whopping 1.5% and the Yen is the de facto crisis currency with the Dollar right behind.

#15     Sep 12, 2009
  6. I see two notable points on this graph.

1. It sure looks like GWB INHERITED a recession. Its right there for your eyes to see.

2. Under Bush it peaks in early 2007. In early 2007 the democrats seized control of both houses of Congress. After that seizure, everything went to hell.

#16     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Exactly.

Ironically two presidents often rated "the highest" by historians were by many metrics the worst. Young male adults could consider themselves lucky just to survive the Lincoln and FDR eras.

The same dumb fucks who freak over Bush know little of American history. Can you imagine a war time President who not only suspends habeas corpus but orders the arrest of newspaper editors critical of his policies!

Or in the case of FDR a President who after losing a few Supreme court decisions threatens to expand the number of Justices? Let alone eggs on two countries who were on the front line fighting Communism (Germany vs. Russia and Japan vs. China) into warring with us.

If anything the U.S. "jumped the shark" the day Roosevelt was elected. It's been a long hard slide, lol.

#17     Sep 12, 2009
  8. Mercor

Mercor

This chart shows the Bush tax cuts and post 9/11 "keep shopping"and Bush confidence in the USA created a bottom in 2003.
    Obama has failed to create a double bottom in 2009, because he is doing the opposite of Bush.
    Technically, blowing that double bottom has set up a whole different scenario for the next 5 years.

#18     Sep 12, 2009
    #19     Sep 12, 2009
  10. Bush's only crime, it appears to me, is that he fought the wrong war ... Had he just concentrated on Afghanistan, he'd be a hero to liberals.

Oh that and he waterboarded three islamic extremists and extracted info that probably saved thousands of american lives....

Reasonable debate is not possible with leftist-idiots

ONE TERM!

#20     Sep 12, 2009