Baby Boomers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by G-Boa, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Yes, I think that confict with he Boomers will lead to a big shift to the right politically in about 20 years.

Boomers are going to sit back and expect to be supported and their is no way we can afford to especially when a lot of these Boomers are going to be living into the 90's given the rapid medical advances in cancer, heart disease and diabetes.

John

#31     May 17, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

I read an essay on the "Boomer Predicament" a while back. It basically concluded that we should all "stop worrying... the crisis won't come for 10 years".

Then what?

#32     May 17, 2007
  3. TGregg

TGregg

By the time the mainstream media tells you to worry, the need for worrying will be long past.

#33     May 17, 2007
  4. So how long until an ambitious power-seeking politician says we have a "boomer problem" that requires a "solution"? AARP Camps? :confused:

#34     May 20, 2007
  5. lindq

lindq

Oh, Boomer Camps. A garooovy idea!

Think a M.A.S.H. camp lakeside. 24/7 music blaring from speakers (Hendrix, Joplin, Doors, Zeppelin, Dylan, Carol King), movies every night (Easy Rider, The Graduate, Clockwork Orange, 2001, Z, The Blob),
    morning classes in the twist, cha cha, the frog, tie dying and Transcendental Meditation.

And of course free drugs and free love, if you can still get it up.

All paid for by direct deposit of social security checks.

Far Out! Where do I sign up, man!

#35     May 20, 2007
  6. TraderJB wrote "So how long until an ambitious power-seeking politician says we have a "boomer problem" that requires a "solution"? AARP Camps? "

Think Soylent Green.

#36     May 20, 2007
  7. SteveD

SteveD

Keep in mind regarding the "boomers'

Only 15% are minorities.....

We have money....

We vote .......

SteveD

#37     May 20, 2007
  8. And you'll drive us off the cliff before we can wrestle the steering wheel out of your hands.

#38     May 21, 2007