Babies Don't Matter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FortuneTeller, Jun 29, 2020.

1. gaussian

gaussian

The actual argument here is far more substantive than "babies don't matter". For that matter, babies haven't mattered since Roe v. Wade.

This argument was about upholding the constitutional guarantee of Roe v. Wade. Like it or not Roe v. Wade established a woman's constitutional right to choose to have an abortion and therefore creating an obstruction to this constitutional right was, as everyone had expected, unconstitutional.

To make this a case about abortion, rather than constitutional rights, is not just. If your argument is that babies matter then you should be more focused on overturning Roe v. Wade and not this particular grievance which amounted to the deprivation of a constitutional right to a citizen. It's effectively an absolute nothingburger of a case and conservatives are getting their panties in a twist over the wrong thing.

If I was a supreme court justice I would actually have sided with the liberals here as well.

The dissents are interesting and related:

In particular Thomas was paying attention to the correct thing - Roe v. Wade. The conservative dissent was strictly political and this particular case was purely a question of enforcement of Roe v. Wade and not a question of it's constitutionality (in my opinion).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    El OchoCinco likes this.
  2. Corky5

Corky5

You mean black babies dont matter. A bunch of black babies were killed by other blacks the past few weekends by other blacks of course but no one cares, not even the fraudulent black lives matter scumbags.