BABA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by viruscore1, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

No comment graph. "lol"

CM

upload_2017-12-4_16-45-56.png

#11     Dec 4, 2017
  2. invortex

invortex

I will wait til it goes to 167 to buy again.

#12     Dec 10, 2017
  3. #13     Dec 10, 2017
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Something really pisses me off about Baba, or more accurately, myself.

3 years ago before the IPO, I was looking at what BABA was all about. And I saw startling figures about how much e-commerce they were processing on that side of the globe. The numbers were intense and thought it would have been a good buy. Just like when Facebook went public and I thought that was a good buy 6 years ago or whatever it was. God damnit!

But I doubted myself and did not get in on the IPO. Now look at them. Mother crap farking fuk sheet bloody hell. *le sigh*

At what point does one learn to live to the instinct and stop listening to the doubts?

#14     Dec 10, 2017
  5. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Trading is not about instinct. Trading is about repeatability.
    Same process. Same routines. Same actions. Same control.
    And do it again.
    Exceptionally, maybe 1 or 2 times per year, your gut feeling, your instinct tell you there is a great danger or opportunity. But don't trust them except these special times.
    Days after days, trust your process first.

CM

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    #15     Dec 11, 2017
  6. ironchef

ironchef

#16     Dec 12, 2017
  7. ironchef

ironchef

I think you may be right again.

But if my cost base is ~$85 and my long term (2-3 yr) outlook on BABA is still positive, I can afford to wait and see if the near term is a correction or a bear or continues the up trend?

#17     Dec 12, 2017
  8. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Ironchef : of course, you can hold. On a LT basis, BABA is bull. This is kind of growth stock that can uptrend for years, and there are not so many stocks like this. So, proba to see again your cost base at 85 dollars : IMO close to zero for the coming years.

Anyway, in term of money / risk management :
    - I would take at least half of my profits if price should stay below 180 dollars (high proba).
    - then wait for the end of the correction (160 ? 140?? 120 ??? (BUYING OPPORTUNITY)) and buy heavily .
    Enjoy the ride.

NB : this is not an investment advice.

CM

#18     Dec 14, 2017
    ironchef likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

10. I have never purchased anything on BABA, none of my friends have either, have you? Not sure of their USA market presents for alibaba.com. But it's widely used in Asia and other parts of the world.
    Actually when working overseas. Not sure if it's just me, I noticed very little discussion or US presents other than fast food joints and soft drinks.

#20     Feb 17, 2018