BA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Jan 2, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

BA is a $325 stock at best.

#11     Feb 2, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Airbus’s most important aircraft can’t shake teething problems
    The European manufacturer Airbus SE has been forced to suspend some deliveries of its A320neo jet following another issue with the engines supplied by Pratt & Whitney. IndiGo, the Indian low-cost airline that’s the plane’s biggest customer,on Sundaydisclosed three in-flight shutdowns, and said pilots have had to turn back before taking off in three other instances – an alarming new problem.(Bloomberg)

#12     Feb 12, 2018
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

GE starts flight trials for world's largest jet engine
    General Electric has begun flight trials of the world’s largest jet engine after delays caused by technical problems, the U.S. conglomerate saidon Wednesday. A special Boeing 747 test aircraft flewon Tuesdayfrom Victorville, California, with the new E9X engine mounted under its left wing, dwarfing the plane’s three other engines.(Reuters)

#13     Mar 15, 2018
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

5. Jackpot

Jackpot

[​IMG]
    Current technical outlook on BA is bearish. It has been in a clear downtrend while using February lows and long running trendline as support. However, it has also been making a H&S, as well as breaking Feb lows and support on an intraday basis. A close beneath the February low would get me to short it. Next support would be 298, followed by the measured move on support at around 267. A close beneath the February lows would imply that any move up from that point would be doused by selling, as people that bought there would sell in order to break even.

#15     Mar 30, 2018
    vanzandt and dealmaker like this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Good stuff JP. Hey care to take a look at WYNN on this thread and comment? https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/case-study-wynn.318839/page-2#post-4628497

#16     Mar 31, 2018
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

The E-Commerce Effect

Boeing is reportedly considering the conversion of used 777 passenger jets into cargo planes in order to capitalize on the boom in e-commerce-related shipments. Air freight is increasingly in demand, and logistics companies are looking for cheaper ways to transport goods. There's a risk of Boeing cannibalizing its sales of new freighters, but the company says first-quarter sales of those new jets were more than double the total for the whole of last year. Bloomberg

#17     Apr 4, 2018
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

#18     Apr 4, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Boeing Tops Airbus With $12.3 Billion American Air Deal for 787s

American Airlines Group Inc. ordered 47 Boeing Co. 787 Dreamliners for long-range flying, expanding its fleet of the advanced carbon-composite jetliners and dealing a blow to Airbus SE’s ambitions to expand its wide-body aircraft sales in the U.S.
    In a related move, American canceled an order for 22 of Airbus’s twin-aisle A350 jets, a purchase placed by predecessor carrier US Airways, according to a statement Friday. The Boeing deal is worth a total of $12.3 billion before customary discounts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-billion-american-air-deal-for-47-dreamliners

#19     Apr 7, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  10. Jackpot

Jackpot

BA broke out of the triangle I had posted, but upwards, closing precisely on the initial horizontal resistance before falling to a low the next day (Friday) right on its long term support trendline. I think I'll try trading BA more often, as it is one of those stocks like GE/PG that follows the lines with a relatively high degree of precision, unlike, say, AAPL. Been kind to me in both in longs and shorts. As an aside, here are more daytrading inflection points and results using Socrates for this week.[​IMG]
    As you can see, it has been accurate, even with almost all inflection points being generated one week in advance.[​IMG]
    It also has a quick view where one can see what the current technical picture and the type of pattern it recognizes. I use it for the generated inflections on the indices, however, as the ones for stocks need to be paid for to view and I don't think it is as accurate for individual stocks.

#20     Apr 7, 2018
    murray t turtle and vanzandt like this.