[b]OLD SCHOOL TRADERS rules and strategies (PIT also welcome)[/b]

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Andrewagain, Dec 5, 2009.

1. I will leave with this final thought then, and you really need to think about it. You don't appear qualified to moderate a discussion like this.

<i>The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know <b>nothing.</b>

Socrates</i>

The adage I live by, and you can debate whatever the hell you want to say about it, is <b>"Buy when everyone's selling, and sell when everyone's buying."</b> That's my approach, <b>and it's very old school, but requires much effort devoted to acquiring the knowledge to execute this strategy.</b>

I'll leave you with that.

Good Trading,

Good Luck,

Beau Wolinsky

#41     Dec 5, 2009
  2. :D thank you really much and wish you great luck of management of 90k account:)

p.s. that is not correct and complete phrase of Socrates

p.s.s. That thread DON'T NEED SALES HERE OR ANY ADVERTISEMENTS AS WELL

#42     Dec 5, 2009
  3. First off, your communication skills are very poor. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume English is your second language. However, if you want some "old school" advice it would start with communication skills.

Secondly, this is not "your thread". You have no more administration power here than anyone. If you are a regular on ET then you should be used to flaming. Either accept it or find another board.

And lastly - the "old schoolers" on this board got to where they are based on hard work and experience. The fallacy of this post, and the million others like it, is that there is some secret formula, some nugget of gold, that will make you immediately successful. If you want my "old school" advice it would be - trade. Let me take your money for a while until you start to understand how I work and then you can start taking the money from those asking for free advice.

#43     Dec 5, 2009
  4. ONE MORE EMPTY POST :)

#44     Dec 5, 2009
  5. Well, my assets under mangement are well into the millions, and I'm not selling anything directly. Yeah, I only recall the phrase from <i>Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure</i>. I figured it might have been paraphrased, but I believe it's still accurate as to the intention.

#45     Dec 5, 2009
  6. 1. Create a 5 minute chart of the ES using nothing but Price and Volume.

2. Observe the market behavior within the context of Price and Volume all day - every day.

3, Based on those observations, Learn to accurately annotate both the Price and Volume Panes on the chart.

4. Note the conclusions reached from a sufficent data set of annotating a chart.

5. Group the conclusions into a trading plan.

This process requires more time and effort than most anticipate.

- Spydertrader

#46     Dec 6, 2009
  7. Spydertrader,

Thank you !

I'm trading grains now, but seems that advice could be applied to them as well.
    It looks quite like Price Action.
    Do you know where it's possible to learn more about that ?
    Krgds,
    Andrew

#47     Dec 6, 2009
  8. BW,
    Wish you good luck with your millions as well :)
    It's great when somebody guess something and use not correct or complete sources.
    + More to your "knowledge database"
    Romans said : When you are going out, go out really :)
    Is that not clear that this thread do not need your posts ?
    Are you really so rich that can not have any person to chat with, except spamming where you are not welcome ?
    Are you have troubles with assertiveness, so you need to sale yourself and defend at every corner of street ?
    Hope you will gone someday finally :D
    Krgds,
    Andrew

#48     Dec 6, 2009
  9. #49     Dec 6, 2009
  10. Mr. Wagain, Spydertrader's advice to you was sound. I strongly recommend that you follow up on it to learn his mentor's method. Scores of traders here on ET and elsewhere follow it. They form the community of sharing you seek.

#50     Dec 6, 2009