[b]OLD SCHOOL TRADERS rules and strategies (PIT also welcome)[/b]

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Andrewagain, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Fleming that thread is not only about sharing and learning, but also about discussion/research, optimization.

#31     Dec 5, 2009
  2. #32     Dec 5, 2009
  3. #34     Dec 5, 2009

4. So a $3k trader wants advice? Mine's for sale, but I do not believe for a single second that you're not seeking a strategy. You're quite naieve to think someone <b>would actually share any trade secrets with you.</b>

But I digress. You claim that's not the point of the thread, when really it is. $3k is not enough money to trade futures. Convert to a stock account and start trading ETF's. Believe me when I tell you it will last a lot longer. Your severe undercapitalization will only serve to blow your account up very quickly.

The only advice I can give such a moronic opening post is what I give most newbies. Spending 2-3 years programming and backtesting, then after that start committing capital to whatever system you've come up with. The BS in finance, economics, or financial economics would be a start, too, but it might be too late for you. The suggestion to work in the industry is a very valid one. Not only will it preserve your precious life savings of $3,000, but you'll learn quite a bit about how the market works, and what effects it. Without any formal economics training, there's not really any hope of being succesful as a trader.

My boss once asked for advice about creating what he called a "green laundary detergent." He was unsure about the process to make it. You know what I told him? Buy a really good chemistry book. The same I would suggest for you. Buy an economics book. Read the intro, then study macro and microeconomics. Till you do that, there's not much hope of learning what effects securities prices, and what you're doing is tantamount to gambling. You should just quit before you even start.

Which brings us finally to the ulterior motive. You need a system, and you presume that somebody will hand it to you. Just plain stupid. Till you acknowledge that you have years of work to put in before you start earning a living, we as elite traders will not be able to help you even if we did tell you what it is we use as a reasonable basis for making investment decisions.

#36     Dec 5, 2009
  5. PLEASE READ OPENING POST CAREFULLY :)
    And IMPORTANT UPDATES also

P.s. + I doubt serious trader will sell his advices, try to guess why :D
    P.s.s. That thread is NOT INTERESTED in any GREY BOX, BLACK BOX SYSTEMS AND RELATED STUFFF :D
    LTCM

#37     Dec 5, 2009
  6. Please re-read my post. I wanted to make sure your spelling and action words were highlighted before I finished.

I'm an RIA Rep, man, and do you know what it is I sell?

<b>Advice</b>

Selling advice is a quite lucrative, turn key business as a professional, and someone paying $75 bucks per month is equivalent to me for having a $90,000 account under management. That's worth it.

You'll find information is a much more valuable commodity, but until you learn how to analyze this financial information from GDP, to return on equity, to calculating tangible book value for the purpose of the texas ratio, all hope is lost for you. <b>And that is my best advice that I'm giving for free is that <i>you need to learn a lot more before doing anymore trades.

#38     Dec 5, 2009
  7. Dear BW,
    Have you found anything useful in your post except correction of mistyping in word "read", highlighting my account size which is indicated with intent, effort to sell yourself or whatelse and wasting your time and space of that thread ?
    I really appreciate your 2 posts, but, if possible, find another thread for such kind of posts like yours :)
    Krgds,
    Andrew

#39     Dec 5, 2009
  8. IMPORTANT UPDATE

ABOVE IS BRIGHT EXAMPLE OF POSTS WHICH THAT THREAD WOULD LIKE TO AVOID.
    KIND REQUEST IF YOU HAVE NOT TO SAY SOMETHING USEFUL apart from flooding PLEASE TRY TO FIND ANOTHER PLACE for useless chatting.

The target is clear - serious and positive work.

P.s. I wish I could moderate that thread :)

Krgds,
    Andrew

#40     Dec 5, 2009