B of C Gov Carney to head Bank of England

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Wallace, Nov 26, 2012.

1. "Britain’s surprise decision to pick Bank of Canada Governor Mark Carney to lead the
    Bank of England raised hopes, national pride – and a bit of uncertainty – on Bay Street.
    In an announcement that stunned most observers Monday, Britain named Carney to
    head England’s central bank in the hopes a highly respected outsider could restore
    faith in its scandal-plagued financial system.
    Carney will continue to head the G20 Financial Stability Board, which is charged with
    setting new international financial regulations. Now, as head of Britain’s central bank,
    he will be even more able to influence the action in Europe." - more -
    http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1293495--mark-carney-tapped-to-head-bank-of-england

2. Yeah, I was caught off guard when I read that in the Globe this morning.

We're losing a great central banker to the Brits, but in his shoes it's a great opportunity and he has the right attitude to take it up (not for the fame, but the challenge.)

With an economy like the UK's right now, tied to the issues across the pond, no one's going in there for a cake walk and easy life.

My only real concern is who we get to replace him here, and if they fumble it up moving forward.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Bank of England decides to embrace Canadian rule

:D