B Hussein Obama on a downward spiral

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fhl, Feb 26, 2009.

1. saxon

saxon

LOL...that chart looks like it was created by John Nash and placed in an obscure mailbox to be picked up by some imaginary DOD agents! :D

[​IMG]

#31     Feb 26, 2009
  2. Keep in mind Wags I trade pretty much everything-not just index products. I missed a short entry in January by about 13 ES points and never chased it. I was long gold since November until Tuesday. Barely traded at all the past two months. Gold wasn't the home run it sounds like. Sux considering my entry never took a dimes worth of heat and neither did my exit. A real one of a kind trade. But I wasn't at all loaded up and I used options-shorted 700puts and bought 900 calls with the proceeds. Nice considering I did it at a credit but like I say it wasn't enough to put me in Brentwood. :)

Wags-be honest with yourself. The news has been decent for days. The puke today was 110% on the budget. I'm not saying the economy isn't contracting-I'm saying it's in the market. The budget/tax proposal is horrific. I'm cognizant that markets make lows on this kind of thing but I'm positioned with the idea that SPX may trade under 700 rather quickly. Bottom line: Since the election stocks are down 25%. From the time an Obama win was a foregone conclusion they're down 40%. If you think that's two random, unrelated events passing in the night than more power to ya.....

#32     Feb 26, 2009
  3. Ain't gonna happen that quick UNLESS he gets lucky and a few Pakistani teenagers in suburban Chicago take out a mall.

#33     Feb 26, 2009
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

LOL!!!!!!! So true! Get me some paper towels, toliet paper, soups, and amnesty from my mortgage if you're in front of me in line bro. We can sit at home, and laugh at all the CAPITALIST idiots who founded this Country, and still want to work for a living.

Great post!

#34     Feb 26, 2009
  5. So six months before he was elected and you claimed that he would have a full scale military draft implemented in his first six months in office and you knew this because as Chicago Pol yourself you knew kim better than anyone is not quite accurate now?

I see.

#35     Feb 26, 2009
  6. Find the quote where I said "six months". I just searched. Nada....

#36     Feb 26, 2009
  7. I disagree.

And crude oil tells you as much even with the OPEC cuts, and nat-gas in the middle of winter also tells you that the industrial base/economy just isn't there. In fact, it's getting a bit long in the tooth for a seasonal low.

As for the banking system, I remind you that fair market accounting suggests that the Banks need even TWICE the amount of money that they currently have, and that the "charge-off" rate isn't even no where near where it needs to be to get to the end of this mess. But leave it to people here on ET to claim that the economic contraction is already in the market.

#37     Feb 27, 2009
  8. American stocks are making new move lows-oil isn't. And given the dollars strength oil is actually hanging pretty tough. Look at a crude chart priced in GBP.

Shanghai is still 20% higher than it's November lows-we're through 'em.

#38     Feb 27, 2009
  9. This economy is unraveling harder and faster than the market or anyone else anticipated. Everyone knows it's bad, but each economic update and development continues to show just how bad. All factored into the market? Not likely. I guess Pabst firmly believes in the efficient market hypothesis, even in unprecedented times. How convenient for an Obama basher.

#39     Feb 27, 2009
  10. I would tend to Agree.

GDP for Q4 was revised to -6.2%
    But due to lack of demand for imports, we actually added 3 points . . . thus, we are looking at an Economy that collapsed -9.2% in Q4.

To think that the economic contraction should already be largely discounted by the market ( in these unprecedented times ) is quite a big assumption to make, in my opinion.

Yes, oil has yet to make new lows and the contango has been pared, but nat-gas is trading under $4.00

Shanghai?
    Talk about a "rigged" market.
    Not a shining example by any means, and this is the market that you choose to use to support your case? :D

Well, not only did China implement their stimulus plan quite awhile ago, and as I recall it was 3 times the size of our "stimulus" (16% of China GDP) while as we all know our "package" was back-end loaded and only $200 billion of which will even see the 2009 light of day here in the U.S.

And the last time I checked, the Chinese govt. was purchasing domestic shares on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, particularly in the Shanghai Composite.

Not a real good "market" to use as an example, Pabst.

:)

#40     Feb 27, 2009