B. Hussein Obama cancels National Day of Prayer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Sep 21, 2009.

1. In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a National Day of Prayer.

In 1988, President Reagan designated the first Thursday in May of each year as the National Day of Prayer.

In June 2007, Presidential candidate Barack Obama declares the USA no longer a Christian nation.

This year, President Obama, decided to cancel the prayer ceremony at the White House not wanting to offend anyone.

On September 25, 2009 from 4am until 7pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion will be held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House. As a Christian, it makes me really wonder where the REAL direction of this country is headed.

Whether you didn't vote for the man or you did, as Christians I would surely hope that this would stir your spirit. They are expecting over 50,000 Muslims that day in DC.

However if you want to pray to God in public you can't because, well, it may offend someone.

Me personally, I'll continue to pray & worship God wherever & whenever.

The website (yes folks, there is a very informative website) is:

www.islamoncapitolhill.com

Pay particular attention to the very bottom of the page: "OUR TIME HAS COME"

Could it be that the REAL agenda of the President is becoming more plain? The evidence is there. It's your decision.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says "if my people, who are called by my name,will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." becomes more important each day.

Perhaps all the things going on now in this country and around the world could be solved if we would heed this scripture. Question is, will our government allow us?

If you feel that this is an important issue, please feel free to make your friends and family aware. If not, delete it. Either way, and no matter what you think of my beliefs, God loves you and I do too!

Just a few thoughts to ponder on.

God Bless,

"The Lord is the strength of my life..." Psalm 27:1b

2. US has bigtime problems with the muslim world (Iraq&Afghanistan) throwing them a meaningless bone is irrelevant.

US should be 100% secular, that means no god on currency, no bible at the inauguration, no ten commandments in the supreme court.

3. +1 on secularity.

4. I am sorry wilburbear, you are one of the least forgiving person and one of the most judgmental poster on this forum. You can't get your facts straight and you can't forgive anyone.

The Muslim Americans you abhor and despise are your neighbors and fellow Americans.

Matthew 22:35-40 says: Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him saying, Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets.

[​IMG]

5. Some of us don't want the government promoting religion, period.

In fact, Thomas Jefferson was very much of this persuasion, thank you very much.

I'd rather the government stay out of matters of faith and prayer.

6. Passive Scripture quote Wilburbear. The Lord helps those that help themselves!
    The best defense is a strong offense. How about these quotes from Scripture?

For every thing there is a season, and a time for every matter under the heaven. A time to kill, and a time to heal; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.(Ecclesiastes 3)
    Purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:5)
    "The fear of the Lord is to hate evil...." (Proverbs 8:13)

A favorite quote in the Al Qaeda Hunting Club which in a way encapsulates the above three quotes from Scripture is this:
    Except for ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, war has never solved anything!

7. Some of us don't want the government promoting religion, period.

----------------------

I would expect those people to ignore the tax deduction for charitable contributions on their tax return. Donate freely yet skip the write off. Stand by your principles.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Don't forget, not all charities are religious. The United Way and The Humane Society get most of my contributions.

9. Wow...they dont want to offend anyone? How about offending the Christians? They sure do not mind offending us!

But hey...lets take away other days too since they might offend people. Lets take away July 4th because it might offend the english. Lets stop remembering 9/11 because it might offend the terrorists. Lets stop remembering martin luther king day because it might offend the KKK.

Obama is by far the dumbest president we have ever had.

10. Real Christians, not the "in name only Christians" that are like roaches, are not offended they turn the other cheek...

#10     Sep 22, 2009