B*A*R*R*O*N*S GAME Feb 3rd...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ANAD 10.39 Seems to be heavy resistance near 10.45-.46. Support at 10.15-.20~ stoney

#11     Feb 5, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

Stoney - Great call on BMTI - up 14%

#12     Feb 5, 2007
  3. Did you see how much time we had to get in!
    $15.50 first lot> Just bought another 400 shares!

#13     Feb 5, 2007
  4. SIFY up 7% / ANAD up 17%!!!!!! / ATHR up 6%
    BMTI 9%... Cleveland Biolabs went through the roof too. I don't know what to say. This has been the most profitable Barrons game ever but also the most problematic. It is after all a statement on market psychology... also > In just a few key strokes on google I have been running across our dear game when researching stocks on the Internet... by now quite a few people are realizing investing can be as easy as following the Barrons Game on ET....

#14     Feb 5, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

ANAD just hit $11. Wouldn't surprise me to see $12 by Friday.

#15     Feb 6, 2007
  6. topdown

topdown

I got stopped out of ANAD today. I'm guessing we'll see a minor pull back tomorrow. A pretty damn good 15% for me in only a couple of days - Well worth the price of a Barron's.

I still think this stock goes to 12+, but I'll get in again under 11. Just a hunch.

#16     Feb 7, 2007
  7. Topdown I think we may have to keep our eye on
    Cleveland BioLabs next week. honestly I am not blown away by the news of a potential $200 mln contract but I can't deny the stock jumped out of Barrons had every chance to give back in qa sloppy market and looks to me like it wants to go HIGHER.

Right off the bat there's a piece on Cleveland BioLabs.
    There is the potential for a $200 miln contract from the Gov. I don't think it's worth the risk but let's put CBLI in the maybe pile for more research.

#17     Feb 9, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

Stoney - I agree - CBLI is up more than 5% in today's lousy market and holding the $8.00 is pretty impressive. I do like stocks that go up when the market goes down. I'll do some digging this weekend.

Question - Wouldn't it be against the "Barron's Game Rules" to play this stock next week? I guess since this is your game, you can make the rules.

I got beat up today. I went to take a dump and the market also went down the toilet. In 10 minutes I went from up $1,200 to down $1,200. Happy Friday!

#18     Feb 9, 2007
  9. Well the rule thing is an interesting question.
    My every great hope is that I find a reference to CBLI- no matter how small next week. Because yes if you want to be technical about it you can hold a buy from an issue for further gains but each issue is supposed to reveal a new avenue of research. I'll be wrestling with this moral quandary over the weekend.

I got whacked in ENER today. Many stocks I watched gapped up, lured people in and rolled over. It was not a fun tape at all. In all honesty it was a first statement sort of thing for the bears.....

#19     Feb 9, 2007
  10. >>> Hey Topdown. Do we put this back on the radar?
    Do you know if these shares have been distributed yet?
    6:23 pm Anadigics 7.5M-Shr Offer Priced At $12.25/Shr >ANAD Dow Jones Newswires
    Headlines March 7, 2007~ stoney

#20     Mar 12, 2007