AZO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Jan 23, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Didn't I just write in another thread a few days ago: "Does AZO ever go down"?
    Well good golly miss Molly... AMZN is in the game now and its gonna sting.

This one will fun to watch (play).
    I HATE this stock. No position now, ....but this one is on my greatest hits list of losing stock trades from back in the day. Dollar wise, perhaps my biggest loss ever on one stock. Long time ago.

I have always said they have way too many locations and way to much competition.
    They aren't going away anytime soon, there'll always be a market for "I need the part today" but AMZN we come to find out today has struck deals with all the major parts manufactures.

It may bounce... but its not seeing $800 again.

More to follow on this one.... revenge trade coming. :D

2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Just for fun, look at one typical American city.
    Lousiville, KY. Population of only 253,000 people.
    Orly's, AAP's, AZO's
    I even left out NAPA's and small operations.

Talk about competition. And overhead. And property taxes. And labor costs.
    This entire sector is due for a correction. AMZN is going to kill them now that they are in the business themselves. Not Amazon "stores".
    These companies must have a huge mark-up on that stuff to be able to support this much brick and mortar. Lots of room for AMZN to slaughter em.

Pfff....Sell the entire sector as of today.

aap.jpg azo.jpg orly.jpg

3. Overnight

Overnight

But there will always be those people who go "I got this part, help me put it in." For an automobile, the people who know what they are doing will shop for lower prices. 50% of those people won't care.

You can work out the rest for yourself. I'd LONG the shop that sells aftermarket parts and installs them, too. Because like coffins, cars will never go away.

4. vanzandt

vanzandt

That would be PEP Boys. Manny Moe and Jack.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

But for real, there are tons and tons of shops, not to mention mom and pop used dealers that work on junk all day long.... that won't really care about a 24 hour delay on a part. PLUS... AMZN is getting that same day shipping down to a science. Most shops already DON'T pick up their own parts. All the part stores have jobbers delivering.

Your shop calls.....

"I can buy the alternator locally for $175 and have it done by 6PM tonight.... or I can have it here tomorrow for $60 and have it done by 6PM at the latest. What do you wanna do"?

Like I said, ... Lots of room for AMZN to kill em.

These F'rs are all toast. It won't necessarily happen tomorrow... but lets start watching the long term puts.

This is a biggie. "The Billy Baroooo".
    "Billy billy billy".
    images.jpg

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Here's the thing about AZO in particular however.... I don't trust it. Its one of those stocks that always seems to ignore the fundamentals. Its a Goldman Sachs golden child. Complete with a tad of Eddie Lampert somewhere in its DNA.
    I honestly think it will go up for awhile. And then tank.
    Look at the premium on the Jan 2019 puts. Yikes.
    Are they into biotech?

This one is going down.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

I think ORLY has $240 in it. Easy.

8. $AZO nice long term hold but frustrated it can't hold above 800

9. vanzandt

vanzandt

It opened that day at $269
    Its $254 now.

AZO now $715.

AAP is $160

I think the whole sector is gonna do the Macy's dance over time.

AAP is probably the best short of the 3.
    Orly #2

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Told ya it was huge PIG.
    $600.... down $60 today.
    Ohhhhh to only have more money to play with.

#10     May 23, 2017