AZ ‘Birther’ Bill Passes Senate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Apr 15, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

LOL. That's a typical flawed liberal argument. And why I have the Gabber on IGNORE. Since when is the PRIVILEGE of driving a car the same as the RIGHT to life?

#41     Apr 17, 2011
  2. Part of me wants to be like that kid in the movie about the 1919 World Series...you know the scene...the kid saying to the player..."Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!" Can people be that stupid to NOT see the difference between "compulsory" car insurance and compulsory health insurance for EVERYBODY?!?!

-g

#42     Apr 17, 2011
  3. I didn't read your comments.

Perhaps if you could lose the all caps and the hysteria, it would be worth reading.

#43     Apr 17, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

just curious, but what are the requirements for running for office in Canada?

#44     Apr 18, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

The official requirements or Gabby's "requirements? :)

#45     Apr 18, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

:) i was just trying to research requirements, and it would appear that you have to be 18 and a Canadian citizen (not surprising) but what i cannot find is whether or not there is a formal vetting process. i have found some text indicating there is, but nothing solid. if there is, that would make a canadian arguing about how the Us should not have such a process rather silly, no?

#46     Apr 18, 2011
  7. I don't see the problem. if you don't have a body, then you don't need health insurance.

Edit: I see OPTIONAL777 beat me to it. Thanks.

#47     Apr 18, 2011
  8. Sensible shoes.

#48     Apr 18, 2011
  9. Why do I need health insurance?

#49     Apr 18, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

from what i read, not only do you have to have nice shoes, but be a citizen, prove that citizenship, own land (in the province of appointment), and own real personal property above and beyond the debts/liabilities you own.

#50     Apr 18, 2011