AZ ‘Birther’ Bill Passes Senate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I am beginning to consider that Obama is not even a citizen. That he was never naturalized. Primarily based his flaky mother not bothering to do it and Obama being the slack ass he is probably never bothered with it either.

#11     Apr 15, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Why would he let such a fuss continue? Its costing the democrats millions. Why not just prove his elligibility for public office properly and be done with it?

Perhaps he can't?

#12     Apr 15, 2011
  3. jem

jem

this was supposed to be a joke based on reference to Michelle Obama's statement being happy to be an american for the first time in her adult life... ut the typo (leaving out the word "me") sort of hurt the delivery.

But even then opti zzz you miss my point... I am just happy there are politicians concerned enough about the constitution they are doing something about it.

You can see there are a few hundred scum democrats and republicans in Washington who do not care about anything other than re election.

For me this is not about Obama as it is about whether we have politicians who care about the rule of law which they are sworn to protect.

#13     Apr 15, 2011
  4. I would be fine if the movement were not about a sitting president.

If rules are passed for elections in 2016 that require better documentation than was good enough for Hawaii, and everyone else until after he was elected...that seems fair.

There is a reason that when legislation is passed that grandfathering in is common.

I don't see a reasonable solution at this point, as I am convinced that there is nothing in the world that will change the birther's opinions.

If a BC was produced, they would demand experts reviewed it...if these experts declared it valid, they would then attack the experts, etc.

There is no satisfying conspiracy theorists...especially when they have an irrational hatred for a sitting president.

I was a big critic of Bush, but I never hated him. I didn't like what he was doing, I thought he is and was a boob...but there is a line between criticism and blind hatred of the type we see with Obama by the birthers.

#14     Apr 15, 2011
  5. No, whether you liked Bush II or not is irrelevant. You would have to concede that Bush II was born to AMERICAN parents on AMERICAN soil. Birthers are often disparaged as though they are only saying that Obama was not born in America. Whether he was born in America is to some extent irrelevant. That Obama was NOT born to two Americans (with no respect to race) on American soil - that IS the problem! "Natural born citizen" is the kicker here. If Obama/Soetoro/??? gave up his citizenship when he lived in Indonesia...that is also in question. "Birther" is a perjorative used to marginalize those who are "strict Constitutionalists."
    http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2011/01/strunk-v-paterson-obama-first-time-in.html

-gastropod

#15     Apr 16, 2011
  6. The evidence I have seen doesn't yield the same conclusion are you have drawn.

Strict Constitutionalists are in the same leagues as fundamentalist Christians, or Islamic fundamentalists.

Each group is self righteous, believing they have the right point of view.

All these groups have firebrand leaders and sheep like followers.

They believe their interpretation came directly from God's lips to their ears...

Yall are totalitarian thinkers, fearful of independent thinking, or a different read on the words in documents written in a very different time than we live in today.

I don't think the framers would have any respect for a bunch of people who were fundamentalists hanging on the words they didn't actually understand like a bunch of drones unable to decide for themselves what is the right thing to do.

Birthers are dogmatists, propagating their opinions as if they were facts...when, in fact they are just opinions.

#16     Apr 16, 2011
  7. It's bad because it feeds the stupidity. It's a distraction from reality. People want to impeach Obama. Fine! Impeach him for doing absolutely nothing to bring the financial terrorists to justice. No prosecutions, no indictments, nothing! Zero, Zip, Nada! That's a cause I can get behind. Birth certificates? Might as well be talking about the size of his dick, and about as relevant.
    The republican party has turned into a carnival and the current line up of candidates is the freak show. You want to be taken seriously? Take on the serious issues! Otherwise, you're all a joke and you'll get your asses handed to you come 2012...and the nation will continue to suffer.

#17     Apr 16, 2011
  8. I'm not asking in reference to Obama. And this is the question no liberal will answer. Screw Obama and all past other presidents.

Tell me what is your argument for NOT doing it on future presidential candidates, and that includes ALL of them.

#18     Apr 16, 2011
  9. This is what cracks me up about this whole thing. On one hand people will argue that Obama satisfied the Constitutional requirement to be a president.

And on the other hand just to be sure that he did, guess what's coming....yep, you guessed it, let’s repeal the natural-born citizen clause.

The former editor of Newsweek has a nice little special on PBS about how silly this is.

Good lord.

#19     Apr 16, 2011
  10. So the Secretary of State would judge the validity of the proof offered. Looks like Katherine Harris will be re-locating to Arizona soon and is line for a new job.

I bet anyone, any amount, that if Obama chooses to run in 2012,
    he will be on the AZ ballot. You may email me at bajini21@live.com to accept the wager and offer your bona fides (not subject to AZ Sec of State)

#20     Apr 16, 2011