Axia Futures - opinions

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lukas, Jul 9, 2017.

1. lukas

lukas Guest

Has anyone got any experience with Axia Futures?
    Their commission rates are very low, combined with low fixed costs.

What are the criteria of being funded after completing their training course? I would not like to pay £3k for it and then be told that there is no backing available. Is there any mention of these criteria in the agreement between Axia and the trader?

2. thecrackfox

thecrackfox Guest

More like £4k. Let's see what you get:

8 Week Course (https://axiafutures.com/course/career-programme-july-2017/)
    --2 Weeks of Introduction to Futures Trading (£1k)
    --3 Weeks of "Order Flow Trading" (£1.5k)
    --3 Weeks of training on vague, wishy-washy topics (£1.5k)

Seems like an insanely steep price to pay for information that is freely available online & at much cheaper prices.

I'm not sure if I can link to order flow web sites, but there's a few people providing plenty of free information & video courses & then there's also paid courses that would have over 50 hours of material for you at much cheaper rates. (I have doubts about how how profitable this 'order flow' thing is in liquid, deep markets saturated with algorithmic intelligence, but I don't know much about it).

How profitable is this business & its style of trading if it needs to charge its trainees £4k to start learning something? (And why is it that Optiver, SIG, Wolverine, Jane Street, Flow, FNYS and all the rest pay their grads enormous starting salaries knowing that a significant percentage of trainees will not cut it?)

Looks like this company goes under other names elsewhere, including one in Australia calling itself CYGNET which charges graduates $5,000... is that not suspicious? To me, CYGNET sounds like some kind of Russian hacking scam from a Terminator movie.

With all that said, do your own research and get in touch with them to see what they have to say and see if it makes sense to you. I'm sure they'll respond given the prices they charge.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2017
    777 and s0mmi like this.
  3. thecrackfox

thecrackfox Guest

Makes me so angry to think there might be people out there scamming hard-working and keen graduates. I'm actually working at a prop firm as a new grad so feel free to PM me for more info & thoughts...

Hoof, ed89 and s0mmi like this.
  4. traderjo

traderjo

"..And why is it that Optiver, SIG, Wolverine, Jane Street, Flow, FNYS and all the rest pay their grads enormous starting salaries knowing that a significant percentage of trainees will not cut it?' great point thecrackfox but it will fall on deaf ears becasue thousands will flock to the "pretend prop" because of slick marketing , and regulators are sleeping at the wheel...

5. thecrackfox

thecrackfox Guest

There's a review of Axia up here (be aware this applies to the CYGNET trading Perth Australia school too):
    https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/axia-futures/

Summary:
    "
    On the surface, Axia Futures looks highly impressive. They have a fancy looking trading office, excellent promotional videos, and the veneer of legitimacy.

However, just below the surface lies an infection of shady past affiliations, and a lack of transparency.

They expect users to pay a $5k fee to learn their ‘trading secrets’, yet can provide absolutely no proof of prior trading success.

I believe the owners and trainers are well meaning folk…but this is simply not enough. In actuality, there is nothing that truly differentiates Axia Futures from the myriad of other trading companies offering “the dream of day trading glory.”

Avoid."

"
    We reached out to Axia Futures and requested some sort of proof that anyone was live trading? And what were the trading histories of these supposed trading professionals? The company responded that everyone is a professional day trader, that trades successfully, but was unwilling to show any proof.

We explained that we truly wanted to spend $5,000 for the ‘career training course’, but we had to see something, anything that proved that these guys were actually trading. Nothing could be provided.

Instead, the company responded, “Just look at our professional offices, read our online reviews, judge our materials from the professional YouTube videos, talk to people.”

6. just21

just21

Was Axia set up by somebody from Futex?

7. adam291

adam291

As I have seen many reviews on a couple of trading forums on Axia along the lines of “those who can’t teach” and “if they could make money they wouldn’t be teaching”, thought I shed some light on Axia. I have been following these guys for a year now and I do have some extra information on Axia from my experience with Futex.

So Axia comprises of the 1) prop arm and 2) the educational arm. Axia the prop house is a team of around 20 prop traders based in the city of London (I believe they have an office in Poland as well but not sure about that). Some are smaller, some bigger, some with massive trading accounts. A few of them are indeed very successful and been around for many years. I know this because I did a graduate course at Futex, the prop house that went bankrupt after directors screw up with traders funds. Traders there ended up losing their whole accounts due to the mismanagement. Lucky for me I was out of the door when that happened! One of those who lost his money and entire trading account was Demetris Mavromatis, one of Futex's top traders. Now he is one of Axia’s founders and one of the biggest traders there. What happened is that after the futex fiasco, a few ex-Futex traders came together and started a new prop trading team, Axia. They pretty much started from scratch as their trading accounts had vanished. As the team grew bigger, the other Axia founder, Alex Haywood, created the educational arm of Axia. He used to be involved with the educational part of Futex when I was there.

The prop team and the educational arm of Axia are actually separate. I think none of the big traders there are teaching or involved in education. They are full time professional prop traders. The educators are I believe smaller traders or ex-traders that retired. A few of them have developed courses on different topics, i.e. market profile, footprint etc, but I am not sure how good those are as I did not buy them. Their youtube channel and streaming service are very decent with a lot of good quality material and I would recommend it.

I think what differentiates Axia education from the rest is the fact that the the educators use trading material from trades that are executed by the main traders. They analyse those trades and describe the thinking and rationale behind them. Some of their Youtube tutorials show trades of big size which would only be taken by traders with large trading accounts. Obviously this doesn’t mean that a novice trader will be able to replicate those trades as getting good at trading requires years and years of experience, exceptional risk management skills, unbelievable mental discipline and a million other things. But at least the material they provide comes from those who actually can and not those who can’t.

thecrackfox and timdug like this.
  8. traderjo

traderjo

"I think what differentiates Axia education from the rest is the fact that the the educators use trading material from trades that are executed by the main traders."
    BUT the million dollar question with any such outfit is "do the educator's actually trade? If not and if there is no proof then they are in same boat as " “if they could make money they wouldn’t be teaching” Selling Trading education is not a bad idea per say, for example I will pay for advanced options or quant trading programming education, but when Many such sellers around the world market it in a very pushy sales type environment under the nose of regulator's it raises red flags, the usual expression: If it looks like a duck, swimslike a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. ( snake oil sales)

9. thecrackfox

thecrackfox Guest

Reviewing this thread from a while back...

I had someone I know in the industry show me some of their material & I've changed my mind. I think their courses are slightly cheaper now too...

It's not that relevant how profitable or if at all the guys teaching the videos are profitable. I think some guys are just good at teaching and as long as the concepts are sound that's what matters. Guys making heaps of money don't have time to teach and are sometimes actually really shitty at teaching anyway.

Some of the things they are teaching on order flow and the evolution of a trader are spot on and I've seen some of these things play out myself...

Can't really say much more but they seem genuine and I like their good balance of conceptual and practical. For someone not in the industry seems like a good way to start - miles better than anything else I've seen...

PS I have no connection to AXIA whatsoever, see my very critical above posts, work in a prop firm doing completely different stuff.

10. traderjo

traderjo

problem is many education sellers sell such things as if it is a golden formula... look at the you tube adds.
    the usual snake oil sales.. I was poor once+ then I found a strategy and for benefit of mankind I am teaching it t o the public .. usually for $9000 but today only for $999.. wow..
    and people fall for it
    As soon as you ask the pointed question "Ok so Mr Guru.. since you are selling this idea you must be usining it in real life.. show the proof" and then all sort of evasive answers come out
    -Oh it is not for you
    - my private trading is private
    lot of bulldust
    I mean one does not need to be a rocket scientist to see through all this! do they?

very few are honest and show broker statements of actual money risked or running actual a regulated CTA / money manger business or managed fund

I mean the big instos have the money and the manpower to come up with the "magic sauce" do they go around seminar selling that "system" NO
    they trade the money professionally and all the P/L , warts and all is there to see.
    One guys was selling Married PUT + selling monthly covered calls as a "Monthly milking" strategy .. when he started managing other peoples money one day he was exposed,,and eventually banned by the regulators

#10     Sep 12, 2019