Axia Futures - did you actually fund any traders?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Peblo, Mar 22, 2020.

1. AXIA FUTURES

AXIA FUTURES Sponsor

Hi Michal

We have a trading floor in Wroclaw in the OVO building that is run by one of our Head Traders Gabriele which is part of the AXIA Futures and FCT Group. We actually just moved into the new office this week. If you ever around please drop by and say hello. What is your background?

Best regards

#11     Mar 23, 2020
  2. MichalTr

MichalTr

@AXIA FUTURES

Hi Alex,

Thanks for info. To make the long story short, I'm an civil engineer, interested in financial markets, who never worked as an engineer (but did a lot of other interesting things) and privatly after hours I was semi-pro dancer (yeah I know, funny combination), very competitive with maybe even some nice achievements (but I paid the price.. of course). And about more interesting topic - I had that "luck" (ok that was not luck, math tests, psycho tests, risk aversion tests etc. etc.) to start my trading journey with OSTC (in Poland we don't have many props). I was not big fan of making volume, so that was not so long story. But after that it went to one direction, like with dancing. I'm a fan of spreads (I hated them back then, now I think because I didn't understand them and what I was doing, but after time I found spreads to be great), inter, intra, not big fan of outrights. But I like also your approach for events trading with prepered scenarios etc. - that old one from Futex (let's say that it's possible that we have common "firends of friends"). And interest rate spreads (US yield, fgbs/fgbm/fgbl/foat/fbtp).

I live in Warsaw and I'm fine here :) but if I will be in Wroclaw of course I will drop by to say hello and meet some nice ppl.

#12     Mar 23, 2020
  3. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Ok. @MichalTr Name one firm that will fund me if I show a live track record where the max position was 2 contracts. I am all ears

#13     Mar 23, 2020
  4. AXIA FUTURES

AXIA FUTURES Sponsor

Wow fascinating background. Coincidentally most of our successful London and Poland traders have engineering as an educational degree. I think an engineering mindset and decision making approach to problem solving is highly complementary to trading in the search for asymmetrical setups.

We currently have young a former young OSTC trader in our team who was in the Warsaw office who has joined the team in Wroclaw.

Most of this trading journey is searching what approach resonates with our personality and glad to hear that spread and relative value trading works for you.

Best of luck and come visit when you in town.

#14     Mar 23, 2020
    MichalTr likes this.
  5. MichalTr

MichalTr

From your posts I understand you trade futures outrights and you still want to trade that.
    But what about location ? You are looking for some remote opportunity or you are able to relocate ? If yes - any country or Europe, or part of Europe with low costs of living ? Like - what you can do or can't ?

And about arcades - I understand that you can't put any deposit (to leverage), like you wrote before ?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    #15     Mar 23, 2020
  6. MichalTr

MichalTr

Ooh that's nice to hear. I was there long time ago, when they was part of Kyte group, and before they started to "aggregate" trades. Heard that now it's completely different company.
    Back then Konterex was alive, there were even some guys from Konterex in our office if I remember, and vice versa, some ppl from our office went to Konterex.

About searching and developing - yea, that's never ending journey. But that's the most beautiful side of it.

I also wish you luck in growing Axia's trading community.

#16     Mar 23, 2020
  7. Peblo

Peblo Guest

Bad emotions aside.
    I am flexible. Could move to Wroclaw, to Singapore, to Australia, to U.S. - wherever someone could give me a chance but certainly would prefer a place with low living costs OR even better - remote trading.

Thank you for your suggestions of the firms if any such firm exists.

#17     Mar 23, 2020
  8. Peblo

Peblo Guest

@AXIA FUTURES
    Dear Alex,
    Right now your offer for me is: pay for the training and MAYBE after 6-9 months trading on a sim we will give you $5k for a drawdown.
    What if the person who makes the decision does not like me personally which I can almost guarantee they would not (it is like with job interviews - in the end, the recruiter has to personally like the applicant to offer him a job)?
    I am not a naïve 20-year old with no life experience. I had my share of "events" - illness, death of a family member, financial loss - I am extremely untrusting.

For full meritocracy and transparency your offer would have to be (in writing):
    I pay, say, $5k, skip the training which I truly do not need or have time for, we agree on risk limits and profit target for sim trading - if met, I start trading live with the same parameters but my drawdown would have to be at least 2x $5k and profit split 50% for both profits AND losses so that my money is not at first loss.

Would you consider amending your offer so that it has more defined parameters, like SMB Futures or TopstepTrader? You would have many, many more trainees this way.

#18     Mar 23, 2020
  9. AXIA FUTURES

AXIA FUTURES Sponsor

Hi Peblo

Two points for you:
    1. We have a culture and learning environment that starts from our training program. From there we source people who will fit into our team and culture. Our backing varies depending on the individual as with all things there is no cookie cutter approach. No two backing/funding cases are the same. As mentioned before FCT Europe Ltd our partner allocates risk capital depending on the individual and that varies from as little as 5k - 30k plus in some cases whilst they also absorb the desk fees in this backing. If you are looking just purely for backing without integrating into our in-house culture then we are not the firm for you. We build a team culture of learning within an individual pursuit but our team culture is everything and as mentioned in my first post to you it starts from our training. If this process does not work for you then we wish you all the best of luck for your future.

2. Remote funding opportunities: We are potentially looking into this and may be launching such an initiative near the end of the year depending on our project priorities. If we launch a remote funding program then it will be more structured with a level of backing and margin given including all the risk parameters. When/if we launch this option we will notify you and perhaps you can explore if it fits your purpose from a remote perspective and may meet your requirements.
    Kind regards

#19     Mar 23, 2020
    Lonnie34 likes this.
  10. Peblo

Peblo Guest

@AXIA FUTURES
    Considering the "team spirit" is so important to you, why are you planning to launch remote funding offer? Will it be similar to what other firms are doing in terms of the defined parameters?

#20     Mar 23, 2020