awtoolkit virus computer doesn't start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kicking, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe

Message from Taodr:

Bro, try a few things. Open up glary util and go to modules, click optimize and improve, then startup manager and check to see if java is there. If so delete it as on upgrade it leaves a startup which always phones home.

#21     Nov 26, 2008
  2. I looked at Glarysoft , that's to clean up AFTER I got my PC back together again right ?
    Me and my friend tried Ubuntu, it didn't work, we can't mount the disk apparently. We tried a bunch of different things to recover the data, it's not over yet, but I don't think I will get my data back. There wasn't much anyway. Apparently mx computer was really f*cked up, but at least the main hard drive did show up with one app we used.

But here 's something very interesting I learned, you can use something like the Ubuntu CD everytime you log into a bank account or whatever to completely eliminate the risk of being hacked. I guess you gotta be paranoid to do that but my friend who is network administrator is when it comes to the internet.

#22     Nov 26, 2008
  3. RIP my Acer Travelmate 5720.
    The thing just died , we could not resuscitate it.
    Nothing worked Ubuntu, Win repair, recovery disks.
    BSOD every time .
    I got my data back but that's it. HD is wiped out and I
    am sending it back to Acer.

This does not appear to be a virus after all.
    That was a really neat notebook too bad it didn't last very long.
    Could it be that the one or two times I pounded the desk in the middle of this market madness did it ?
    Bad luck I guess

#23     Nov 27, 2008