•World Bank Says Global Economy to Shrink 3%, More Than Estimated; Green Shoots!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 11, 2009.

1. The IMF knows what it's talking about forecasting 3% contraction (though this may be too bullish, actually), but is clueless in forecasting any growth, let alone raising it's growth forecast for 2010, let alone anytime before 2013 (at earliest).

:D

#11     Jun 11, 2009
  2. S2007S

S2007S

No, however I was telling him about the housing bubble at the time, I remember talking about to him and his friends and they all thought I was crazy, well fast forward to now and there is still one guy I know who is trying to sell his house in florida.

Aside from that I did tell him to sell around 9000 and take his losses of approx. 12-15k and tell him to wait for the next decline of 15-20% to get back in.

#12     Jun 11, 2009
  3. I see markets at the end of 2009 as roughly where they are right now (S&P500 ~ 950). We will probably break 1000 at some point but I don't expect it to stay there by the time the end of the year comes. Longer term I am bullish (2-3 years), but I think we need to start seeing some fundamental economic improvement before the markets surge too much higher. Right now I think markets have corrected the "end of the world" scenario from last fall and we are at a reasonable level.

That being said, I am currently net long and will ride this wave until I am sure the market has turned against me. I just don't see a catalyst that would send markets tanking too fast for me to get out of my longs (i.e. big bank failure).

#13     Jun 11, 2009