AWOL on al-Qaida:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nolan-Vinny-Sam, Mar 23, 2004.

1. I like how you throw out "crazed idealogue" accusations right after you pull talking points straight from the leftist anti-Bush manual. Wow, a blowhard and a hypocrite. Nice job Mack. You just reinforced my opinion about the idiot wing of the Democratic party.

#21     Mar 30, 2004
  2. I believe that I did infact answer your posts so I am a little bit puzzled as to just which questions it was that I failed to answer in your eyes . . . The only open ended question that you presented was about my suggestion regarding putting air marshalls on U.S. flights. Yet, your question appeared highly rhetorical so I didn't take it as a serious question.

As far as the 911 Commission is concerned, I am glad that Richard Clarke made the statements that he did because the fact of the matter is that most Americans didn't even know that the 911 Commission existed until about a week ago! Besides, Clarke pretty much says the same things that General Henry Shelton ( who became our 14th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in October of 1997 ) said in regards to Iraq, not too mention Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, and even President Bush himself in Bob Woodward's book, "Bush at War" in which the President stated that bin Laden was not his focus and that there was no sense of urgency concerning Osama bin Laden.

Cat, I don't bash the Bush Administration every chance that I get, but I do get rather tired of some of the "twisted" idiocy that appears quite frequently on ET where morons try and blame 911 on the Clinton Administration or blame Clinton for "gutting" the defense budget and the readiness of our military when they have no freaking idea what they are talking about ( ie. see my earlier response to "Cuz" on another thread ). As Mav well knows, I also have a problem with the way the Bush Administration simply allowed one of the world's largest econonomies to "twist in the wind" during a huge recession while energy companies manipulated our power grid out here, but that's another subject.

As a Republican that is interested in this Country maintaining itself as a democracy I am highly upset that the Bush Administration has "prostituted" the CIA and turned it into a policy-advocating agency. I have maintained this position for quite some time now on ET. Moreover, I am afraid that this lack of independence by the CIA will have severe repercussions for many many years . . . There is no question that it has left a very "bad-taste" in the mouths of many good analysts at the CIA and DIA. I mean, why else is CIA Director Tenet still on the job after 1.) The 911 Attack 2.) The USS Cole Bombing 3.) The US Embassy Bombings in Kenya and Tanzania?

The Vice President of the United States, the Secretary of State, or the National Security Advisor NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER come up to the CIA for a "working" visit. Yet, in the first week of February of 2003 all of the aforementioned people were up at the CIA for 4 days, helping Secretary of State Powell "cram" for his speech to the United Nations. Vice President Bush came up a couple of times to give awareds out - - - after all, he was once the Director of the CIA - - - but never for a working visit.

What a shame.
    So much for the CIA being an independent place where they seek the truth and are able to report on that truth without fear or favor.

#22     Mar 30, 2004