Awfull october

Discussion in 'Trading' started by futuman, Oct 27, 2005.

1. futuman

futuman

This far it's been the worst october for
    years. Does this signal the end for the
    bull run, or do we possibly get a huge two day rally?

:confused:

2. I wouldn't count on a huge 2 day rally , MSFT is down, looks like we could be in for an ugly end of the month

3. I havent't been trading for the last 8 / 10 weeks... and im not sorry i havent!!
    I been taking the time out for other things but also been studing new materials, will be back trading in 2 weeks or so.

This mkt has been kind of tricky.... most likely i would have lost $$ had i stayed in.... as it stands my account is still right at an all time high.

WORDS OF WISDOM:
    Knowing when to stay out is just as important as knowing what to trade.

4. just21

just21

5. serg007

serg007

I think this October action is just a part of a multiweek topping process for the broad market. Expect at least 10-15% lower levels for the major indices (SPX, NDX, RUT) during 2006
    Of course there are always attractive investment choices. I'd accumulate XAU stocks on pullbacks.

6. aqtrader

aqtrader

In the past 20 years, 1987 has the worst Oct with NASDAQ down -27.23% and DOW down -23.21%, followed by 2000, 1997 and 1990. So far this year, Oct is ranked as the fifth worst october since 1986. Currently, we are down -4.08% NASDAQ for the month. See what is the final rankings in the end of the month. Looks like ugly and getting worse.

7. I have no clue as I follow price action in a few select stocks and OCTOBER was a great month for myself...Would be for anyone else if they would have bought 200 GOOG Nov 400 calls @.25 the afternoon b-4 earnings for $5k and then sold them for $1.60 for a cool $32k....Even if you held them, they are still going for $1.40 but I didn't hold mine..

8. bump.... to show how sentiments repeat :cool:

9. This October was no suprise to me.....:)

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't even realize that the first post was 3 years old. :)

Times like this tells you just how robust your system is...

#10     Oct 22, 2008