•Volcker's ‘Great Recession’ Will Redefine Full Employment as Jobs Vanish Forever

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, May 4, 2009.

1. Yup. BTW much thanks about that comment on the GDP deflator. Would have missed that if it wasn't for you.

#21     May 4, 2009
  2. Ah shucks.

Gotta alotta mo...I just don't see this as trading site anymore. Any it's been my long experience that one cannot trade off of headlines.

#22     May 4, 2009
  3. I completely agree.

The only reason we had many of those jobs was because of the asset based ever-increasing debtload service sector - the FIRE economy.

Imagine what the unemployment rate and GDP would have been if people rarely used credit cards, didn't treat their house as an ATM, the fed and other central banks never reinflated economies, the Fed gov't budget never mushroomed... There would not have been a bull market the size we witnessed.

All smoke and mirrors.

#23     May 4, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

You have no idea what you are talking about, you think the trillions of dollars are just going to recreate jobs in a FANTASY LIKE ECONOMY, do you have any idea the millions of jobs that were created with cheap, easy money that was giving to tens of thousands of corporations over the last few decades. Wake up, those jobs are gone, never to be recreated again, everyone believes that jobs will just be recreated out of thin air to create a new economy, well they are completely wrong, the economy will never be like it was, the SYSTEM is broken.

#24     May 4, 2009
  5. That could be an excellent title for an article or even a book for the foundation-less economy we have in the U.S., and that exists in a few other nations.

I've seen basements with 1 inch wide vertical cracks in the wall, running the entire length of the wall, top to bottom, spilling into the sill, and the people didn't think or know anything was amiss.

#25     May 4, 2009
  6. Ah fuxx...cry me fuxxing river already!!

The market and economy goes up and down. Show me your post when you said sell at 1400. I can show you my buy post at 700.

#26     May 4, 2009
  7. S2007S

S2007S

When you build an economy on easy credit and leverage and establish that sense of stability you lose touch of what a real economy is and how it works through the basis of its own cycles.

All they know how to do is manipulate the economy to the point where it completely collapses, now they are trying to reinflate the world economies by stimulating them once again, I just do no understand how anyone believes that this could lead to better economic conditions.

And yes I do agree if it were not for 1500SQ piggy banks the latest bull market from 2001 to 2008 would have never existed at all. Here we are again looking for a bottom in housing so we can start to reinflate it once again, this latest housing correction has slowed due to intervention, how come they dont let the correction play out as it should is beyond me, I still believe that home values are still 30-50% higher than they should be nationwide.

It is all smoke in mirrors, anyone believing the trillions being spent is a way to save the economy will completely wrong in years to come.

#27     May 4, 2009
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Another one who believes they see great roads ahead for the economy and markets.

#28     May 4, 2009
  9. #29     May 4, 2009
  10. I'm a trader and I take the constant measure of the popular sentiment.

I seek Profit and I don't pretent to be a Phophet.

So ...you didn't post a sell signal at 1400? But now you can see clearly? Is that it?

#30     May 4, 2009