Avoiding Curve fitting

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by maninjapan, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Jerry030

Jerry030

Let's rename this thread the Jack Hershey War.

So let see who get's what:

On the left among the low hills is Jack and his troopers
    Jack, how many do you have?

On the right in low scrubland are his enemies. Currently they are lobbing insults using RPG and mortars but do they have other weapons?

At each small caliber barrage Jack and his forces just duck into their bunkers only to emerge later to drop weighty rambling posts on enemy forces. The obtuse writing style of his secret weapon prevents Trend and his followers from effective counter measures. They have a limited palette for bright screen color munitions.

A major power or the UN has not noticed this small brush war, but who knows what will happen next. Stay tuned to this forum for front line battle summaries!

#181     Jan 12, 2010
  2. Thanks for your humor. It probably wouldn't be appropriate to call it an OCD or Trend war.

I've enjoyed my amateur trading for a very long time. You probably recognize people who do like trading and, perhaps, have an approach that is fully completed. There are many many ways to trade and I just like the systemic way the market works.

Each of those who form the most vocal detractors (my term since they do not contribute to others, apparently) club have articulated their reasons for their stances. It is very helpful for those who agree with them to decide to stand along side them.

I probably should just pass on my occasional response to these people since any point I would make isn't something that can be processed.

Since we remove overnight gaps, it just seemed logical to make the point of what the market context was.

Today was a great day for citing examples of extracting the offer. If I post anything about this or that, I know that it will be archived so it can be used subsequently as a distraction. LOL....

There was a time when the web was almost all constructive efforts by its participants. Today it is more active than ever and has a much greater outreach and capability for those of like mind.

Again, thanks for the humor......

#182     Jan 12, 2010
  3. Jerry030

Jerry030

Jack, excellent long-winded artillery barrage, impressive but incomprehensible. Trend and his band of fighters appear to be in full retreat.

A few more like that and you'll have won the battle if not the war.

So far just a few villages burned out as collateral civilian damage. Watch the News at 10 for exclusive footage from the battlefield.

Will the Trend Army regroup, surrender or escape into the foothills to fight another day?

#183     Jan 12, 2010