Avoid Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TGregg, Jun 25, 2007.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Carpal tunnel syndrome has become a scourge among today's active and computer literate population. Men, especially, are becoming afflicted with this serious health problem.

To help stamp out carpal tunnel syndrome, new mouse pads have been devised to assist men in their computer operations.

Ergonomically correct mouse pads such as these will enable men to avoid the pain and suffering associated with this serious health concern.

No, I don't have the ordering information........ yet.

Hmmm, mebbe this should be in Software.

• carp.jpg
      File size:
      36.4 KB
      Views:
  2. 4re

4re

Computers get a bad rap for carpal tunnel syndrome and in some cases it is justified. But what most people don't realize is that more people get carpal tunnel because of how they sleep than running a pc. I diagnose more cases of carpal tunnel caused from people sleeping with their wrists bent at night then I do caused from operating a mouse. Here is a tip/hint. If you wake up in the middle of the night with your hands numb it is probably from sleeping with your wrists bent. That is why we have people with CTS wear a wrist splint at night while sleeping instead of wearing all day.

Gary

3. Another overlooked fact, is that you need a decent desk chair the supports your forearms at the same/or similar level to your desk/mouse, otherwise you will get wrist strain.

4. Bob111

Bob111

too late my friend..i already have CTS and it sucks.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/carpal-tunnel-syndrome/CP99999/PAGE=CP00002

5. TGregg

TGregg

Yeah, I thought either you or Cathy had it. My sister recovered, so mebbe there's hope for you.

6. Adobian

Adobian

Do some Kungfu Tai Chi Style swinging of your arm to release the tension of the hand's back to the inner face of the elbow's joint. Then massage this joint from time to time.

These acupunture points are connected. The pain in the hand can actully be released if you press the right point on the outer (lower) part of the arm, or the back of the shoulder.

Practice these swinging movement often. Remember to tense up (qi gong) your whole arms while slowly swinging, end each swing with an abrupt "palm out to front" -"hand's back to front" as though you were attacking an enemy's chest. Like a sudden forfeful punch, but with your palm and your hand
    s back alternately, not with your fist.